Who Was Your Favorite One Hit Wonder

What was your favorite one hit wonder song, and who performed it? You can name one or a few.

I loved (and still do) "Voices Carry" performed by Till Tuesday.

C'mon. Put on your thinking caps.
128x128buscis2

Showing 9 responses by jrd351

it was on the billbord and cashbox top 100....but it got lots of airplay...even in the midwest
most of the groups/artists mentioned charted two or more times on the billboard/cashbox charts, unfortunately today's oldies stations have reduced them to one-hit wonders.
the yardbirds charted 10 u.s. hits..for your love,i'm a man,hearfull of soul,shapes of things,over undersideways down,happening ten years time ago,little games,ha ha said the clown,ten little indians,goodnight sweet josephine...hardly 'one hit' wonders
many of the above mentioned had more than one hit. even sam the sham had three top tens including a #1...little red riding hood....stealer's wheel"star"......doctor hook,too many to mention....love "seven and seven is"....electric prunes"get me to the world on time"....the grass roots owned the charts for five years....some listeners need to get out more.
meant no offense....its just that the popularity of LOVE(the band) was at the time was considered an LA thing. by the by, that first moby grape album had it all!
considering the fact that in the 60's over 300 records(45's) where released through distribution channels and given to radio stations each week in the u.s. alone, a billboard or cashbox top 100 title was indeed impressive at the time. a top 100 song in billboard was based on radio airplay as well as sales. sometimes songs were quite popular at the time of their release, but were undermined by poor distribution to retail. this doesn't mean they were not hits. the cryan shames barely cracked the top 100 5 times, yet in certain midwest cities(like chicago) were no. 1 with hits like 'sugar and spice'and 'it could be we're in love'and were receiving heavy rotation on radio. the shadows of knight are another example...'gloria' 'oh yeah' and 'shake'. god i love this thread.