Who R U?

A while back Garfish mentioned he lked the idea of getting to know some of us better.As no one has started a thread like this before I will take the plunge.I have been involved in and read many heated exchanges here in AudioGon.I hope no one attacks me for this thread saying "who cares about you,this is audio" Anyway,Im 45 and live in W.N.Y.I have never been married but have a music loving 11 year old daughter who lives with me.I have been a nurse for 20 years.Before that I was a Navy Corpsman for several years.I recently became engaged (first time) to a beautiful 30 year old music loving woman.At my age a 30 year old is a keeper and I have never been happier!! My other interests??Im into vinyl,who has time for anything else??
david99
Jayctoy- We have chatted via emails before, its nice to read a little about who you are and how you got there:) When ever we wrote to each other before it was just the facts, talking audio and that's it- its nice to see there's a lot more to you. And of course thanks for the ego stroke, like any one else I appreciate it as much as the next man/woman.

Happy Listening.
Tireguy, you just dont know,How much I enjoy reading
your thread and some jokes of course,You are right,
now you have an idea who I am,just in case you need
medical advise you know where to go,free of charge,
There are some agoners here, when I read their biography
I respected them more because they open up a lot,It
is amazing, how honest they are of who they are,Tim
now when I see their name on this site, I smile like
I know them, For the guy who started this thread,THANK
YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU,it made you more closer to
the community with the same passion.Tim maybe we should
post a thread who is your favorite Agoners and Why?
In my case, I thought you are so verstile in your post,
sense of humor,and able to make friends here at Agon.
Whar do you think?
Who, me? My name is Andy, I'm 37, divorced once, and I'm stranded in Los Angeles again. For several years I had a happy life in the local mtns. Trees, birds, snow, music. Sigh. Now it's payback time. This too, shall pass.

I'm a part-time care giver to my father, and a part-time jack of many, varied trades. Dad has Alzhimers, and only rersponds well to/reconizes me. Even that is fading. He blessed me with a start in this wonderful hobby when I was 14, and what little engineering knowledge I have I owe to him. I have never specialized in anything, though I have never stopped learning new things. Many subjects facinate me, and I'm always eager to learn as much as I can.

I do consider myself a gear-head, a stereo nut, and not so much an audiophile. (music lover, yes) I have a specific and defined listening ethic, to be sure, but big gear with enormous power supplies / hideously thick energy reserves just turns me on. (example: Rowland Model 7s) I have spent vastly more on gear than I have on music, so there you have it. How's that for brutal honesty? But I'm satisfied, to an extent, and have not made a major gear purchase in a couple of years.

I'm delighted to introduce myself to you all, and look forward to widening my scope of knowledge in this community. Thanks for reading this! Cheers
My name is Ron. I'm 46, married to the same wonderful woman for some 22 years and have a son who is nine and a daughter who is 6. I've been visiting Audiogon for about 6 months.

I live in northern Indiana and own a small advertising & marketing firm, as well as being a partner in a moderately large manufacturing business with several siblings. I've had several clients in the pro music business, including Crown International (amps, mics), Pro Co Sound (pro and MI cables, snakes, The Rat) and a new client which just introduced their high-end cables in Las Vegas.

I've played music for a good portion of my life - keyboards, trumpet and drums - though my chops have almost disappeared since I don't play or practice regularly.

I'm getting back into audio after a long time and starting to build a new two-channel music system. I also have a modest Marantz/Paradigm HT system. My first system was purchased in college and consisted of Genesis 1 speakers, an Advent 300 integrated unit and a Technics table with a Shure V15. Those speakers were still seeing daily use in my office up until last month when I replaced them with some B&W 602's. I just gave them to my 9-year-old tonight so he could start building his first system.

I'm blessed with a wife who likes music, has a good pair of ears and doesn't blink an eye when I talk about buying gear - in fact, she encourages me to get good stuff. The only thing she requires is that it looks nice in her house. I recently picked up a pair of Tyler 7U's in rosewood and she thinks they're beautiful. I'm also happy to report that my children love the same kinds of music I listen to (at least for now) and are both learning the piano, which they seem to have a natural talent for.

My first 45 record was the Beatles' Hard Day's Night and my first album was Iron Butterfly's In-A-Godda-Divida. I listen to a wide range of music, from Christian rock to Alternative to Classical, along with some Metal, Jazz and whatever Sounds Good. (No rap and very little Country.) Our city puts on one of the premier Jazz Festivals in the country each year, so I get three days of listening to live performances in intimate settings. A few evenings with the municipal band and a few other concerts throughout the year fills out my live listening.

Besides a renewed interest in audio, my other interests include the restoration of two historic downtown buildings that I own, participating in local government and civic organizations, travel, theology and a little woodworking.

I think Audiogon is a wonderful resource for learning as well as purchasing all things audio. I hope to be as active as time permits.
I'm Gordon, in the banking business...well, I'm in the part that pursues delinquent debtors...been with the worlds largest automotive financing Company for 7+ years. I've experienced a lot of audio setbacks...from listening to salesmen rather than my own ears. Due to my lack of patience, I have lost a lot of money in so doing. Now getting back to what, to me , sounds best... Tubes...and starting at ground zero. Bought a sweet little 30 WPC integrated from an Audiogoner and have been ecstatic since delivery. Also added a tube buffered CD from Kevin Deal, and am looking for a good deal on a vintage McIntosh MR-71.

Just ordered a pair of Green Mountain "Europas"...just before the projected change and increased cost...but will buy the next version as well. Have the privilage of being close to the factory and have even had the sig/oth (Reva) visit with me for some critical listening. She's finally beginning to accept my obsession and can even be critical when some source material doesn't sound "rawght" (she's from Arkansas).

We live comfortably in Colorado Springs with a view of snow covered Pikes Peak about half the year. I'm originally from Nashville TN and miss the flavor of that community.

I'd welcome an education on "tube rolling"...and the differences between 12AX7, 12AU7, and 12AT7's and would welcome any suggestions for tube sources. My power stage can accept EL-34,37,KT-66,88, 5881, or 6L6...probably a few more... (I have external bias adjustments....and prefer this to having a self-biased set-up)

We have a Lhasa Apso who's name was so repeatedly argued about that she just became "Baby-Dog"...and we're adding another pet....for her...that we'll call "Kitty" (a Bichon/Poodle mix)...my silly sense of humor....and she'll never know, now will she.

I have 3 children who are "grown" technically speaking... and who still live in TN...My son changed majors recently when he recognized (much earlier than I did) that he was not the next (Insert favorite Rock "GOD") and now is on a path to a more solid financial future. My daughters are avoiding marrying into wealth....so far...I'm cutting their allowance...today.