Who hear the Hyperion at the CEs this year ?

I did not saw a lot of feedback about this year CES...
ndeslions

Showing 2 responses by celebrer_le_temps343b

I went to a dealer to listen to a pair of seasoned 938 and came home well impressed; no wonder all the raves here by 938 owners.

The dealer said the retail for the 938 is $4500 but have to wait till late Feb for stocks. Well, that gives me time to get rid of my old Thiels!

I also enquired about the 938W and the retail price is $6000. The dealer said that the 938W is a seperate model in itself.
I stopped by and listened for a while

They appear to use all new equipment for the demo - new tube preamp, new monoblocks and new speakers, I tried to check these out on their website but no details are available yet.

I also remember the demo guy saying that the bass drivers of the 938W are aluminium as opposed to the graphite ones on the piano black 938s, supposedly to give a better lower freqeuncy response.

I think the sound is still very raw but the traits of great speakers are there - soundstaging, depth and amazingly fast response. I'll definitely pop by a dealer to take a serious listen. If the piano black version can perform as well, I think $4500 is a great bargain.