Who has the Technics SL-1500c turntable?

I will use mostly for casual listening of various LP's/45's/78's I took over from my dad. I'm not going to spend a ton. I want a built in preamp (I do not want other boxes). I'll purchase a separate headshell/cartridge for 78's. I will probably update the stylus from red to blue and use the red for records in poor shape. 

My other choices were the cheaper mass produced AT/Denon/Reloop/Ion turntables. 

Looks like the Technics checks all the boxes.

Opinions?
aberyclark
I've never heard it, but given the multitude of excellent reviews it's hard to see how you can go wrong given how you're going to use it.  As a bonus it even looks a hell of a lot better than its bigger brothers.
I agree. The preamp has gotten excellent reviews. I would say probably as good as any $250 or so pre. 
I've heard it through it's built in Phono preamp and it sounds great - it's also built like a tank very solid build quality.

I don't think you can go wrong on this one great table and it has 2 sets of outputs so you can always upgrade the Phono pre if you go LOMC etc.

I just received the turntable and am fighting to process a return.  I will say that it sounds great and is about 80% of where it should be.  My issue is the cue lever feel.  It lowers on its own and feels mike mush.  I have never had this issue, but if you fully engage the lift and let it sit, after about a minute it lowers.  It is such a shame because everything else is so good, but I know this will drive me absolutely nuts after a while.  I am shocked Technics let something this bad out the door.   Did no one realize that the cue lever feels like a toy on an amazing turntbale out side of that.  Oh well, I am giving the 1200 mk7 a shot next and hopefully it feels more refined and will actually stay up.
That was the big complaint I heard with other people. That is one reason I'm seeking a 1200GR instead. Like you, others said the table is fantastic outside the cue lever. Also, the auto lift goes off on its own at times and lifts at different points before record ends sometimes. Most just turn it off. Where did you purchase?
At 45 I decided to get married and start a family, so......
My VPI Super Scoutmaster (with periphery ring) , Primaluna Prologue 3/4 separate preamp/amp setup - has become a Technics SL-1500c and a Bluesound Powernode 2 (running Roon and Tidal - pretty awesome). I did keep my Zu Soul Superfly’s though.
My Black SL-1500c just arrived today. I love the looks but I feel a bit let down. First, it feels much lighter than I expected - but solid enough so no biggie. But that cueing lever - yuk!
I’m making an intentional downgrade from audiophile guy to just a hifi guy so I know I need to lower my bar a little - but for $1200 I expected a better feeling cueing lever.
I have 60 days to return the 1500, so I’m looking at used SL-1210’s (I like black) to see if that might be a better route. I just didn’t want all the lights and slider of the 1200/1210.
If I knew I could change the tonearm later, I would just live with it for now. But the 1500 doesn’t have the same arm mounting as the 1200 so those ebay armboards won’t work. I do have a 3D printer so I guess I could get to work designing a base to swap arms later.

Final thought- A new SL-1500c with an SME 309 would make me never look back at my VPI days