White Noise in earphones

Hi, 

I have a DAC / Preamp / headphone amp (Yulong Sabre DA8II), which I am currently using as an DAC + headphone amp, connected to my laptop using USB. 

When I turn it on, there is some white noise (like wind) coming in the earphones. The noise is there when the Yulong is connected to the PC using USB as well as when the Yulong is not connected to any sources.

Changing the volume or the source on the Yulong does not change the white noise (like wind). As soon as it turns on, these noise starts. The noise is also there when I play music, and I can hear it in quiet parts of songs.

The Yulong is connected to a wall socket for power directly (no multiplug)

If I plug the same earphones into the 3.5mm jack of my laptop the noise is NOT there. So it is definitely something to do with the Yulong.

The impedance of the earphones is 36 Ohms. The Yulong headphone amp is rated 1W. Not sure if this matters. 

Any advise? 

Thanks, 

Serge

128x128sergedc

Is this a new piece of equipment or have you had it for a while and it just started to exhibit the noise?

Is it possible to test with other headphones?

The equipment is 8 years old.

The earphones I am having noise is Shure Aonic 5 (in ear, 36 ohm)

I tried with a Shure SRH 840 (headphone, 44ohm) and the noise is NOT there.

Any conclusion from this? I doubt the problem is with the Aonic 5 because on my laptop 3.5mm connection there is no noise.

Try to clean out the hole where you are plugging in. Maybe something got stuffed into the opening and stopping the male from plugging all the way in. Rotate the barrel of the 3.5mm male, does it get louder? The shielding may be damaged or junk in the hole stopping it from working right. More wine, that will fix the voices in my head but not the white noise.. I'm missing 1/2 an ear too. Art humor.