which tubes for which genre ?

i have finally decided to turn to tubes but have no idea where to start, i've been reading into 2a3 and 300b triodes but they seem to have a reputation to shine in accoustic and vocals. i mainly listen to rock do these tubes do well in rock or am i better off looking elsewhere? i use the dynaudio audience 42's
Waste of money pal especially for rock...
And What's the point havin' amp only for voice or small acoustic bands???
Anyways, one of my favorite tubes are AudioResearch VT100 and I like it with any type of music. It can rock, sing and jazz, just give it the right speaker -- yours are but there's always room for better match...
Also you can research VTLs and Quicksilvers that are more affordable options
Matter of fact: A pair of VTL 300 Monoblocks would be a perfect match for your speakers(if you have the room). Whatever load they are wired for will receive their full rated output. Just be certain they are internally connected for a 4 ohm speaker(easy). WON'T break the bank/WILL rock the house! Very fast slew rate for a tube amp(more detail/accuracy, better imaging, great soundstage) and excellent bottom end.
thanks for the advice guys, let me start from the beginning do the audience 42's match better with ss or tubes ?
For rock, I would recommend KT88's in push pull.

This will give an easy 30+ watts clean.

KT88's give a very linear uncolored sound.

John C.
I agree that a higher powered push pull amp like vtl,manley
audio research,quicksilver and cary would be my choice for this speaker;but if you can $$ a atmasphere ma1 or ma2 I would look at those as well.
If you able to audition amps in your area I would listen to all that you can; how big your room is will be a important factor as well.