Which speaker has the biggest sound stage?

I tried out a Magnepan 1.7 a couple months ago, and I am a bit shock by the sound stage of it. It just feel live music. Although the bass is a bit lacking, I really like the "be there" feeling.

So, my question is, does all planar speaker (electrostatic, ribbon ... ) have such big sound stage? And with different brands and models, which one has biggest sound stage?

Specifically for Magnepan, the 3.6 is about $1000 more than 1.6. What are the major differences? and is it worth the extra money?
gte357s

Showing 1 response by gte357s

Thanks for all the replies. There are quite a number of suggestions and I did a lot of readings. I am quite interested in the Gallo Reference 3. To be honest, the planar speakers like the Magnepan won't get my wife's approval to put in the living room. I am just starting my research until I can get a dedicated room. So, I will keep an eye on the Gallo 3.
While reading the Gallo 3 on 6moon, there is another speaker that also get a luna eclipse award - the Zu Druid. Anyone has any experience with it? It falls within my budget, and it looks good, easier to pass the wife-test. Would it be an upgrade over my B&W CDM9NT?

Thanks.