Which preampli for a ML 23.5

Good morning Everybody,

im addressing the forum for an issue related to a mark levinson 23.5 i just purchased in perfect working order

Currently i do no use a pre as i drive it alternatively with a Node2 and a phono stage Ear 834P which fortunately has a volume pot (with a interface connectors camac-rca)

It works great… but point is that if i want to listen vinyls or HD files i need to manually switch the connectors which is abit 

sooner or later i will need to add a preampli… and i have no idea which could be a good match (second hand or new) also considering that would not be easy to make some listening sessions especially for second hand ones… so i risk to make things worst considering that now i have no pre which means the best quality achievable

maybe buy a new dac\streamer mqa compatible which has an analogue input to connect to the ear yoshino? …. can it be a solution?

or connect simultaneously both node2 and ear yoshino to the ML (with interface connectors) to both inputs Camac and XLR and switch on one or the other if I want to listen to vinyls or files (i dont know if it is possible, maybe i risk to burn everything)

tks for any suggestion

best

A

aurgolo
Hello,

tks for your reply, i will try to check what they can offer

also i have found an AR LS2 pre (maybe you know it) in very good conditions, i think it could be a good match for the 23.5

tks again, best!

A
What is your budget? What kind of sound do you prefer? Tubes or Solid State?  Personally I would go with a tubed preamp. I have had a few Levinson amps and always mated with success a tubed preamp.