Which mono power amp would you choose and why?

In the next month I'm looking to get some feedback on which of these 2 mono power amps to buy, the Musical Fidelity m8-700m mono block power amplifier, or the Cary SA-500.1 ES  mono block power amplifier. I'm looking to spend between 7k and 9k for the pair. They will be hooked up to my new Benchmark LA4 line amplifier.

alucard19

@jaymark Is your CODA #16 as powerful sounding as the other amps in your possession? I am also thinking like the OP to buy something with massive power over refinement. The CODA #16 is my idea of a refined amp the Michi that I referenced above should be an exciting amp but not as clean on top. I have heard both lines so that is where this opinion is based on.

I had a very fun 1+ hour demo with KEF Blade 1 and Hegel H30 monos in a big room. It also was not as clean sounding as the CODA #16 but a super fun listen. The H30 and Michi M8 are identical power wise. The Michi X5 I heard sounded a lot like Hegel, Class AB sound. Slightly grainy, with the Michi maybe smoother.

I just got off the phone with a local audio store and they said they will be getting the S5 or M8 in the shop in 2023. So, I am going to wait to hear these before I buy anything else. Until then a Peachtree GAN1 amp is coming in next week to hold me over.

@yyzsantabarbara the Coda sounds just as powerful as other amps that I have or have had.  The 150 wpc with 100 of them in Class A leave me wanting for nothing.

Potentially consider Threshold - you may be able to get some SA/1 monos re-capped at or below your price range.  I believe a former employee still services/updates them.  Think these would be hard to beat for the money.