Which LS3/5a?

I would like to add one more speaker to my small group of speakers and I am considering my first LS3/5a.  The Rogers LS3/5a SE or Falcons Gold Badge appear to be the two that have caught my attention but I am open to any suggestions from owners of other brands of ls3/5a's.  Currently I have been enjoying a Dynaudio Heritage Special speakers and would like to buy a ls3/5a and compare the two and keep one set of speakers.  So any LS35a owners out there?

bobheinatz

Showing 1 response by jkf011

Great discussion. In the mid '80s I bought a pair of Rogers branded speakers that I thought after all this time were LS3/5as and loved them. I drove them with a Hafler DH-200 and a CJ PV-2. They played loud with great detail and warmth, plenty of bass and slam if I remember. But imaging, soundstage we're just OK (traded them for DCM Time Window 1As to solve that issue). Anyway, from this thread now I don't think they were LS3/5as as they weren't bookshelf size. They were like 2ft tall (still had them on stands and well away from the wall in my apartment) and they were maybe a foot-ish deep. Was there a bigger version?