Which HDMI cable for I2S?

I'm currently using an inexpensive 12 inch long Monoprice cable to connect my dac to a Gustard U18 interface. Honestly, it sounds quite good.

I don't want to buy a pricey cable, but maybe something by DH Labs, etc. 

There are some deals on older cables that meet HDMI 1.3, 1.4, or 2.0 standards. I know these standards are for video. Would all of them work for I2S digital audio? Would the higher standard HDMI 2.1 be better? 

sls883

@soix

I realized that the Monoprice cable that I'm using is HDMI 2.0 and it works.  Upscale Audio has a DH Labs Silver HDMI 2.0B for $70 with free shipping. I'm going to give it a try.  1/2 meter long. 

I have found that the Audioquest HDMI cables perform very well and have quality connectors that fit snug and make good contact. Mine are all employed as video, but in my opinion, audio or video, it’s all digital. So I doubt it makes any difference, although I am sure there will be opposition to my statement, I am just expressing my opinion based on experience and what I learned at seminars at audio shows. Most dealers will let you take home a cable to try, that would allow you to hear for yourself. 

I have Transparent throughout in my main system. When I added a second system I gave some DH Labs cables a try. Their Mirage USB has got to be one of the better bargains out there. Can't go wrong with DHL at any of their levels...

@curiousjim

Upscale Audio gives a pretty good description of the cable construction. It appears to be a great value.