Which do u think is a better power amp? Cary Cad120s vs vtl st-150?

Just kind of curious what your thoughts and experiences are between the Cary audio Cad120s tube power amp vs the VTL ST-150 tube power amp? let me know your thoughts thanks.

128x128jakecanada

Showing 1 response by blisshifi

Of the two I’d go with VTL. As a previous Cary owner, I’d say in my experience their tube amps are euphonic and tonally rich, but very hard to get endgame detail with. VTL will be more dynamic and resolving while still retain a good amount of musicality. Of course, this will all depend on the speaker you are pairing it with - what would those be?

Another amplifier to consider is the Margules U-280 SC 30th Anniversary amplifier. I became a Margules dealer last year after falling in love with the design and capabilities of their electronics. I have the U-280 SC amps set as monoblocks (can be used as a stereo or mono) and they are lovely sounding, full of soul and realism. They unfortunately are a higher retail price of $12K for one amp, but they can be endgame with the right speaker pairing. They pair with Raidhos at the shows and often get one of best of show across many reports.