Where to go from here?

I have a treated dedicated room with pmc ci140 speakers. So my room and speakers are done. Now i need to get the front end up to par. The pmc speakers are being fed by a denon 3700h to monolith amplifier.  I rather not get hung up on which brand is best but what makes a bigger positive improvement? I can purchade a reference dac with volume like a weiss 501 or tambaqui, or i could buy a quality integrated like a mcintosh ma9500 or hegel 590. If i get the weiss or tambuqui it will be awhile until my wallet cools off, so i would keep the monolith amp for a few years. If i get a quality integrated it would be a few yrs until i got a reference seperate dac. Sooooo......what the heck makes sense and which would make the biggest improvement?  Thanks

128x128davekuyt11

@ghdprentice

I would rather have a tiny separate room for my audio system then be able to spend 5 times more and combine them. I have heard incredible systems in rooms the size of a closet and horrible combined HT / audio systems costing many times more.

Terrific observation and advice. I also agree with the necessity to achieve a musical-emotional connection. Without question some audio components are more capable of this than others. Music is meant to stir our human emotions. Dry, analytical and sterile won’t satisfy in the long term.
Charles

The speakers are designed to be on the wall. I know most 2 channel only speakers are put into the room but that would not be the right thing to do here. I do think trying gear a bit more reasonable than the mola mola price range is great advice. 

Can i run 2 speaker wires to each speaker? One from the av receiver and one from the 2 channel system. Only one would be used at any given time. If if that is not a good idea maybee something with theater bypass should be on my radar. I have a lumin dealer in town. The new luminp1 could fit nice. The leedh volume is supposed to be very good.

Amplification, amplification,  amplification......  It makes no sense to buy reference digital before great amplification, to me anyway.  You already have the room and speakers sorted out.   Digital is pretty good and just getting better every day.  Buy a great integrated, many are better than mid tier separates

>> "Can i run 2 speaker wires to each speaker? One from the av receiver and one from the 2 channel system."

I'd strongly recommend against that. The amp you are using would be delivering power not only to the speakers, but would also be trying to force it backwards into the output transistors of the other amp.  That's a recipe for bad sound and likely increasing the odds of equipment damage.  You might consider using a switch to totally disconnect the unused amp, but that's just another item in the circuit.