Where are the young audiophiles?

I find it alarming that 95% of all audiophiles are seniors.According to a consultant at my local HI-FI store,young people don't seem interested in high-end equipment.They listen to music on their phone.Sooner or later, all the great neighborhood HI-FI stores will not be able to remain open. Kind of sad,don't you think?
128x128rockysantoro

Showing 1 response by socalml528

Perhaps our job is to introduce the next generation to the magic, when normal times come back and the neighbors or relatives are visiting; ask some of the next generation if they've ever listened to vinyl?  If they look indifferent; just repeat "I mean really listened to music on vinyl."

Now its time to spin a record, most anything will do. The point is you're not introducing, lyrics, a beat or an artist.  You're introducing a dynamic, a new experience. 

The hobby will follow.  I have two nephews and one nice who are working on their first home 2 channel systems.  Of course my daughter loves vinyl; all that took was playing Adel's 19 (on vinyl).  The proof, she forgets to turn off my turntable and doesn't always put records away when she comes home.  I don't really mind.