When is Belles going to get the credit he deserves

Having been in the audio business for 20 years, owned a High End Store for 12 years, and Director of Sales for a notable High End Manufacturer; I sold just about every high end electronics line on the planet. Also, I was exposed to those few I hadn't sold during my travels while working for the manufacturer, visiting more than 100 stores all across the USA. So this perspective comes from a very broad look at the industry. Dave Belles is making, in my humble opinion, amplification and preamps, which outperform some which cost multiples of his pricing. Yet, when it comes to reviews, he rarely gets a mention. This is unfortunate, since it leaves the consumer, who is searching for great values,out in the cold.
It is true that he is a very small company, and hand builds everything, but isn't that the American Dream? "If I build it they will come" That is worth repeating; HE HANDCRAFTS ALMOST EACH PIECE. In a world of cookie cutter products this is a refreshing difference. The time has come for more people to be aware of his products; they are simply amazing. For the money they are a triumph of ingenuity. Also, some of the reviewers out there need to give this man his due. Marty DeWolf, I think it was, reviewed the 350 Amp, and was spot on on his evaluation. That is a wonderfully open and dynamic amp, and, for a very good price. Are we stuck on, "If they don't advertise, they don't get reviewed?
Comments please.
lrsky
I and two of my friends got involved with Dave's products in late 80's and early 90's and they developed some reliability issues. The volume POT experienced clicking sounds, transformer would hum and power on lights burning out. Dave was slow to respond, very defensive and did not like repairing his product (you can still operate the unit without the light). Because of this we dumped what we had after it was repaird and moved on to other products. I think he partnered with someone else in the mid to late 90's to help with manufacturing and grow the business. So my questions are - How reliable are his products today?? If I am one consumer who has passed him by because of history, how many more have done so?? In all fairness, I would be willing to give it another try if people state there is a excellent history of reliability and customer service. How does that old saying go "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." Dave Letterman still plays President Bush's butchered rendition of this saying and it is funny.
In all fairness, ten or fifteen years is a long time ago. I think, that he is completely responsive these days. I'm sure everyone has a bad story about just about every company out there. Actually, his personal attention was what drew me to him in the first place.
Give him another chance, and you'll be glad for it.
Larry
I cannot claim the praises that have been written above, but that is only because I have yet to hear the 350a and/or 21a. I have similar components to Doug Blackburn and Bigtee, so it is a no brainer to take the leap of faith. Belles is building me his brand new 150 Ref that is supposed to be sonically superior to the 350a and can be used in either stereo or monobloc mode. I cannot wait!
Lrsky, with all due respect, on the one hand you argue that this manufacturer doesn't get enough credit and on the other hand you dismiss reliablity and customer service issues from the small audience that responds from experience. Food for thought, Thiel has a rather large audience and while I'm sure that its possible some one is disgruntled somewhere with regard to their reliabilty and customer service, I've yet to see or hear about it, ever. Customer service is a big issue for me, especially when comes to expensive luxury items. BTW, prior to this post I've only heard good things about Belles, though I've no experience of my own with his products.
I've actually read about some reliablity(problems)with Thiel on this sight. However, I have not heard any complaints about their service after the sale.
I have not been using the Power Modules(Belles)amp for all that long(maybe 8 months.)It has performed without fault. I'm always sensitive to repair issues myself but until this poster, I had not heard of any customer complaints with Belles(although the above poster may have been refering to some older Belles designs with companies other than Power Modules.
I too am very interested in the new Belles amp. Of course I always remain skeptical because ALL new products are touted as better and that certainly isn't the case sometimes.
As much as stuff is "Improved" you would think we should be getting close to perfection!