When and how did you, if at all, realize vinyl is better?

Of course I know my own story, so I'm more curious about yours.  You can be as succinct as two bullets or write a tome.  
128x128jbhiller
To me it’s the music that matters. If a piece of vinyl and a good table makes it happen that day that’s great. I listen to different formats based on what each one reveals. I love vinyl. I love my CDs (and I love tubes except when I don’t). And sometimes I hate that phones don't provide the touch feedback that good speakers do (I only use subs for movies not music but I have heard at least 2 fabulous and moving systems with subs. . . ) I do love good phones sometimes and digital music while walking and thinking- I can listen in a way I can’t at home with vinyl. The turntable in the house I’m in has problems that can’t be addressed structurally (so it’s a matter of choosing a time when people are reasonably still). A good balanced system and CD is great music. It doesn’t have the warmth of vinyl sometimes but the pops and clicks do bother some more, and some more at times, than others. Honestly, I really don’t think there is a better criteria for which is best than which one makes you completely forget everything but the music.
I started to buy Lp in the late 60-70's bought a good system in the 70's...LP12 Supex900, LS3/5A, Meridian. and had always listened to CD, In 1987 I bought my first CD player(denon) because I was receiving CD from friends musiciens and wanted to listen at what they were doing. Never like what I was hearing. Actually I always thought the DEnon sounded awfull...Bought a Cambridge in the late 90's that sounded a bit better and I had bought a few CD's (Bartoli, Alanis Morisset, etc.....) but never really got involve seriously. I upgraded to a Naim system with CD player....but taht did not got me more into CD even if it sounds really good...The music I like I have on records bought since my teens and i'm still listening to those 90% of the time...Never bothered much with the digital stuff.

my first post...
why is it I record a vinyl LP onto digital, and yet the playback has that emotional connection of vinyl that so many report here?
Done that and then compared the bought CD, and yes the LP is warmer.
After the A/D conversion, both are digital now, why are they so feeling different. If I re-record the CD at the output of the DAC using the same recorder the difference is not obvious. I understand the playback gear for analog might have a warmer electronics, but that warmth Does come out at the output of a digital recording when the source happens to be an LP.

to Alpha_gt I agree

I started collecting records in the mid 70's when that was all there was. bought some tapes for a while too. when CD's came out i also bought them. I've had both records and digital for years and never sold any of my vinyl so I've always had a record player. I don't get on either side of the fence I like both as I have collected both. resently i've started to stream and i'm loving that too. In a course of a listening night i'll losten to any combination of vinyl-CD-streaming (from Tidal). and i love it all. sure I hear a diference and have invested more money into vinyl playback but i really don't care as I enjoy the music as long as its engaging and gives emotion i'm there. I really don't feel the need to debate which is better enjoy both or one as long as you enjoy. Dont get me wrong i love the audiophile hobby and do love great sound but i don't listen to my gear as much as i listen to the music and how engaged i am (mind you vinyl tends to do that more for me).

I like vinyl better because I can put a record on and listen to half the record.  Then I am forced to stand up and interact with the medium.  I enjoy pulling the record off, flipping it, setting the needle down and starting things up again.

Not for the sound.