Whats wrong

Turntable seems like it playing slow for the first 10-15 minutes of play, after that all is fine. Turntable has about 600 hours on it. Hoping its the belts would appreciate any thoughts.
128x128needfreestuff

Showing 3 responses by zd542

Your ARC, Pass and BAT components may need some time to warm up for best sound.
"Turntable seems like it playing slow for the first 10-15 minutes of play, after that all is fine."

"Yes Zd452 they do sound considerably better after 30 minutes of warm up, but turntable still needs additional time to perform at its best."

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. Is it 10-15 minutes after the 30 minute warm up of your other components?
If the system sounds sluggish and the TT is spinning at the proper speed, warm up is the most likely cause. Its easy to miss diag something like that. I used to have a McCormack DNA 125, and when I first turned it on, the bass sounded like it was having trouble keeping up the the rest of the system. After some time, it just went away and everything sounded normal. It seems like everything I've had from Pass takes a while to warm up. ARC, not so much, and BAT is probably somewhere in the middle.