Whats the best used tuner for under 1000

I would like to buy a top quality used tuner for $1000 or less. Should I be looking for analog or digital and what models for best price? I live near a big city so reception is strong and I don't need to worry about that. Adjacent channel rejection would be a consideration but not any priority. Any specific recommendations? Thanks for your interest.
128x128pugstub

Showing 2 responses by subaruguru

NAD Monitor Series tuner, or tuner section of its receivers (7100, 7400 & 7600) is an outstanding choice, and cheap.
The Audio refinement Complete tuner (used $400-500) is stellar too. But $1k gets you a new MD100, which I love!
Lpquick is right! I still use my 12 yr old NAD Monitor Series tuner, as it was clearly one of the best of its era (and far better than their current tuners), but my Magnum Dynalab MD100 is profoundly more realistic in its portrayal.
Live feeds are eerily good. Balance is a little lean because the top octave is so clean, so I use a Harm Tech Truthlink XLR with fine results. NEW ones can be had around $1200, used older Etudes and 90s $600-$1000.