For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Surfside now.... going thru UV overload... ton of dust removal to do before reinstall Herron, dinner w Mother in Law this eve... probably sneak in some streaming...

@slaw Steve - playing catch-up and saw your preliminary thoughts on Breakfast in America, I played it once up North but also want to see what the Lyra does w it here... I also have the new MoFi

@sbank Spencer - my appreciation as well on your thoughtful posts and very +++ contributions over the many years- may we be graced with many more...

thanks Brian....Sunset made the drive worth it..

Welch / Rwalings - All the Good Times ( streamer )

J Husker - congrats on the MA :-)))) enjoy in great health :-) I brought the 1961 MC240 back w me - hopefully it will outlive me.

hope yourS brings the same enjoyment !!!!!

Lyle Lovett - Large Band

....oh man, i am liking my strategy of focusing analog South....

War Dept. tapping foot

" if it's not too late, make mine a cheeseburger please , "

Alberta Hunter - Amtrak Blues

thx for the recommendation Brian @noromance , this is really a fantastic disc..

Brian the image option is dark ages imo. First you must put image at webhosted site like imgur or flickr, then pray it need not be resized, then use image url....

ugh...

Steve - could very well be ! i much prefer Nightbird, wish that would get the 45 rpm treatment 2 !

Me 2 Steve ! i just looked and there is a 7 LP Nightbird 180 g box set at 45 rpm..... argh.....

Brian ...more than you know....unfortunately for many years we had exec computing support, so my mindset became one of an appliance or utility...keeping the server and NAS farm up and running two places is more than i want to know.....

Steve it shows at elusive disc as waiting for repress....probably available at a premium on discogs. There is a UK version of Live at Blues Alley, 33.33 at $ because of across the pond shipping...

i checked my copy of Songbird, mine is the garden variety Blix Street reissue...oh well, there goes the hedge fund...$

I should have been more clear if DIY wallpaper involved, sell and move !

Yes, i have been the general on three remodels, but i hate wallpaper..

Charles Lloyd and the Marvels - Tone Poem

....dig this, really anything they do.....

Joel - our strategy right or wrong, has been to move when wallpaper is involved...

great Pacific sunset this eve....

We did an enzyme strip and repaint as a " diy couple " way back when the inventory of patience was high and love cup runneth over, .....

we are ardent subcontractors now.....

@reubent streaming What Do You Want From Live on your cue from a few days ago....what a hoot, they are way tighter band than I remember....

RM-9 out, MC240 in. Amp hasn't run in a year, so suspending any serious judgement .... for now..

Krall - Live in Paris

a bit in arrears:

Patty Griffin - River and Silver Bell

Eva Cassidy - Songbird

Dire Straits - S/T 45 rpm Mofi

Getz / Gilberto - 45 rpm AAP.... super lovely...

sorry for confusion..in my quest to pare down the gear pile, i am evaluating the heavily modified MC240 " family heirloom " as a replace-for my RM-9.... Paring down is a B... argh...

Tim - on the surface I love the phono cartridge strategy, however with my preference that they be attached to tonearms... another rabbit hole... ha. I believe I could use a Kuzma 4 point.... ha

I have been fortunate to catch RT live now in a variety of venues from Benaroya hall in Seattle to the 300 ish seat Belly Up in Solana Beach...fantastic each time... I highly recommend him. Spinning Rumor and Sigh...MoFi

Right on Bill - as far as my taste goes, Norah could read a Ukranian phone book and I would probably buy a recording....

Tony Joe White - Homemade Ice Cream - AAP 45 Rpm, man this has jump factor...

Pretenders - S/T caught them live on this tour, smaller hall....just a freaking blast....

Bill - I have For the Good Times by the Little Willies, need to revisit that....thx for reminder...

@slaw without your advocacy I wouldn't know about Tony Joe... thanks !

@pierce911 Nice move on the SOTA, i think a few of us here have them...

Streaming this eve so i can put together my weekend LRS hunting list.

London Grammar - Californian Soil

How very appropriate...

@slaw Happy Birthday Steve - keeper of the vinyl flame !!!! Care package on da way brother:-)

" time is an afterthought "

Talking Heads

Streaming, even tho I know i will get the LP

Plant / Krauss - Raise the Roof

The MC240 low end grunt is evident....

congrats on the Degritter @6t5-gto 

Nebraska is something else..i love it.... pure grit

Charles Lloyd and the Marvels - Vanished Gardens

always a desert island disc for me....

James - safe travels ! happy thanksgiving and i forgot to mention Request Music an LRS on island if you go music stir crazy…there is also some great live music at Fleetwoods …as you no doubt know…….

u dudes are killing it tonight - I am just getting started.... but all my ancient Telefunkens checked out good on my LiL B and K tester today, so breakin continues on the MC240....

Alison Krauss and Union Station - So Long So Wrong ( Mofi )