For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Tim - The ole man used to say “ if only the Firebird / Camaro, etc… could talk “…

Perfect Vinyl Forever box went out today….
Brian - Ha ! i knew you would know them as they were on the playlist at WMMS….buzzard…

Steve - took a week off grafting to accommodate a lot of followup medical stuff last week, but i am hopeful for a good checkup this coming week… probably have a few more weeks into a normal shoe…

Thanks for asking…
@bdp24 movie night for us , recommended by audiophile buddy, Documentary - Count Me In

About……drummers……
@sbank great to see you posting here !,, great group here..

Wynton K Trio - Kelly Blue ( streamer )
Dire Straits - Love Over Gold ( really growing on me again after demo burnout…. 35 years ago…. wow, i am old )
Greg helped me get the avalanche of gear exodus started from the vintage room…. 2.3 on to a better home - thank you kind Sir!

RV my mentor and friend uses the KL cleaner, if you need parts ever, just let me know.
@noromance Amtrack Blues on the streamer…but ya gotta love 15 seconds in, I am reaching for Discogs….. NM copy inbound ;-)

Keep em coming……
Green PJ, digging them, wow….i didn’t know…

Total greyout w rain here..
Y’all killing it tonight w great music. We tore down the stereo and crammed it in a corner so contractors can change out two massive windows and a French door next couple of days….wish me luck….

i am sure i will….lurk..
So far so good, we had covered everything w light plastic sheeting and they added a layer ! hopeful 

New thread: upcoming surgeries… yikes

best to you Husker ! 
We are weathertight, they covered everything I had already covered, windy day but we dodged the rain…

French door on the morrow
Jim’s Record Exchange……

well, the door is an inch 2 tall, has to be rebuilt from new….argh…

Old door back on, Foot doc tommorow will determine ability to reassemble system…

oh well, living  vicariously thru y’all…..
@nicks25 u know it man…

” Patience is a virtue, I just don’t have the time “ Talking Heads
yes, but nobody likes to miss a good sale ! i get the emails, but good on ya. I also use the record cleaning solution they make / sell.
Thx Steve..i am trying to withhold judging it on visual alone…mine is a US pressing

One a positive note, Perfect Vinyl Forever has turned my 16 disc initial test order around and they are in route  back  to me….. we shall see, and hear….

I continue to mentally cull, next on block is MX110 Z 1965…
i am bigtime in envy, man those were the era of blockbuster but quirky interesting Bumbershoot lineups… Freddy Fender and Little Feat…. wow, that must have been 1988 or 89 ?

Big system still in a pile in the corner, so I have been bingeing on Netflix music documentaries via the Sonos soundbar….

Yesterday ; Count Me In, Rolling Thunder Review, Birth of Cool, Keith Richards

Got my copy of Rough Mix, visual grading optimistic, we shall eventually see how it plays

…..
James - As you might know both @bdp24 and I are both big fans of Brooks. I had the tech there rebuild my RM-9 and over the years, i bought some of Brooks’ vintage collection…. I am hoping they open a showroom up here in Washington…..
Another layer >€£¥%# !
Best to all those recovering from surgery :-) !!!

James - I streamed Nightfly and NE Corridor both a couple of weeks ago, I enjoyed the…. the completist in me would like to have them….but choices must be made…..

In both cases sonics were very solid and tge band very tight.

i think even tho Walter is gone, i gotta see them live….
ya, what’s not to like about spinning jazz on the stern deck of a boat on a hot Summer night ?

man, does that sound great…or what…..
Same impression of Paula when we caught her at Triple Door a few years ago….. how wonderful Greg - happy you are out and about w live music 
….finally…reference system reconstituted, sans TT…. 

Jackson B - Solo Acoustic

Sounds great stone cold…

” Power in the wheatfield…the power of a prayer released… I pray for those with the least “ 
thx all…..progress…will tackle the TT tomorrow. Keeping it fed is an entirely different matter…..

Natalie Merchant - The House Carpenter’s Daughter
Brian - what they lack in ears, they make up with mad skillzzzzzz. Omg, like a bad accident, couldn’t tear eyes…away…..
contact cleaner, colored fuses, stones, Shaki sticks…and now ear cleaning kits…..

Good idea Brian, crash hard enuf surfing and that keeps my ears clean….

F Mac - Rumors