For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

anybody using a passive pre ? Possible condo option for vinyl only path but …..
The Jennys - S/T

being supervised by 1 year old in May Black Labrador named “ Gus”, so far he likes music and treats… not in that order….
Husker looking at your system page it looks like you were in near field or close to it with good back wall reinforcement, and super nice back wall treatment. Maybe try duplicating those dimensions and then grow it out w same ratio. post pics of new room. 
best Jim
PJ - To Bring You My Love….. ( Server ) crank it up.. crunchy distortion on top of super clean….
Husker - great news, the AC guys had to move my right speaker and monoblock - i coached them thru  it…but now imaging is all honked up and no way i can move it …just yet….have to live with it for another day.
Husker - Love the room groove. Maybe a whisker of toe in and chair back another whisker
RT - The Old Kit Bag ( server ) This got me back into RT  after a long hiatus….

Fading, last music for the eve…
oh man, my heart rate went up ten points just hearing that Brian..

lucky our guys were great, it’s all working now - mini split on 3 of the 5 house levels…just in time for fall. It is pretty quiet, one of these nights i will see if i can verify the 21 db claim

Charlie Hunter Trio - S/T ( server )
2 Long in the Wasteland is a long running favorite of mine - I pirated it to cassette, never owner the CD. i bought the vinyl this year. Steve said it’s digital, which i believe..sort of early digital of the day  but i still enjoy it. I have been streaming his new one…he still has the wry turn of phrase and ability to pack a life story into a 4 minute song…
Ha! Greg - Love that album…

back when I was mayor of a small city, I called my weekly facilities meeting same as album title… a collection of more sad songs.. about Buildings and food
thanks James… Skin graft immobile for a few more days…i just have to hang tough…

Great crisp fall day to stare out the window
Been on a Leonard binge..

Live in Dublin
Can’t Forget a Souvenir of the Grand Tour

Let me know how that Tori goes Steve. My copy of different reissue was unlistenable..poor pressing….on my replacement want / need ! list
Joel….what ? something on par with big fish ? guess i will look…also ;-)
the Mahler backstory as it were ;

@tvad
 …could be that i got lucky…. A friend with a superb system circa 1983 or so…Infinity RS ( model down from IRS ), SOTA, Souther, Dynavector, CJ Premier… also a renowned music teacher in Mid Ohio..treated me to Mahler preconcert lecture / symphony in Cleveland …

Part of the lecture ( i may have inhaled ) focused on the selection of material for the death blows…. Leather over wood with a massive wood mallet ( think sledgehammer )….

Amazing, near religious event….

Now is the SOTA at that time Infinity servo woofer cabinet capable of slam and nuance ?….. Better listener for sure…

and fun.
Found it Brian, i want to listen entirely but it lacks some air as i stream it vs. DG with Kirill Petrenko.
I have been sampling various Mahler No. 6 versions on Qobuz…

Berlin is winning so far….
Steve - This one is for you as you planted the seed;  Tanita Tickaram - The Sweet Keeper ( server ). War Dept. turned me on to her long ago….long ago….