For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

never heard of Jules, got him running now……dig it, tight Pop with brains…
Blackberry Smoke - You Hear Georgia

Ya man James, I can FEEL a good one coming on !

comes out swinging from the first chord….
@slaw next time i am in my beloved low country SC, i am coming up for a listen and guacamole !,,,
@j_husker i caught them in a small venue ( Belly Up - Solana Beach ) before the @#$&$#@ world of live music went away…

they were awesome, you probably like Railroad Earth also ? will check out your recommendations.

i hear Grado has improved shielding…right on.
hey Steve - I got Black Pudding going….nice, perfectly pensive for a lazy Sunday
did a lap around the room w weight on L heel approved by the docs. Now i can turn on the monoblocks….
thanks Greg….just thinking about that hurts….

the kitchen  is also now within unrefueled combat radius….
made the Perfect Vinyl Forever plunge today $175 for 16 discs US cleaned, round trip shipping, insurace.  While i really want a Degritter, i am going to give this a whirl and position the nitty gritty somewhere….

First world problems, I know ( heavy sigh )

Joe Harley of Audioquest / Blue Note / Tone Poet is a big fan.

Will report on results.
Steve - i think i bought my left foot… $$$ I have killer insurance but our cost share is about 10%, so let’s just say i am expecting a bill on the order of two to three Hyperion. AND blessed i am where i am…
you could high pass them at 40 hz if they are overloading the room….  fun

Joel u can post a fish picture in your virtual system photos… God Agon is so freaking archaic….. 
Tom - Richard Modeferi of JSE fame lovingly rebuilt my MX-110Z….what a cool and innovate dude…. hope these work out for you….
@noromance my favorite line ( self reverential ) from that LC album is “ i am just a lazy bastard living in a suit “…..

wry insightfully honest dude, miss him greatly…

Boz Skaggs - Memphis

Started listening early today…
after a standing shower on two feet ! the world seems a much brighter place.  Thanks to all for tge encouragement. Brian, i am counting on you for memory care !

Leonard Cohen - Popular Problems ( server )

loving it again all over….
my two cents on tube rolling is that most designers/ producers can’t rely on nos tubes so they gotta voice and design around what they can get…. So on Nos we all roll the dice. Aesthetix sent me to Andy at Vintage saying “ he knows what sounds better in our gear .

my Herron so far seems roll proof with me running Tele, RCA clear tops and a few others thru it….

IF i croak, war dept will have a nos tube sale !

ha 
Slaw - I got white hair…on my face…going for the Hemmingway  look.

Dr. John - The Spirit of Satch
Dr John -  In the Right Place… ( server )

has my toe tapping, right toe anyway….
her syncopated chordal playing on the song White Sugar is so reminiscent of SRV……

what one disc of hers on Vinyl do you recommend Steve ?
Steve - I bet she would just tear up a place like the Orange Peel in Asheville or my local fave tge Belly Up in Solana Beach….ya man…
u boyz been busy. Since i can navigate stairs slowly, we had movie night - Respect the Aretha Franklin story….off charts awesome even thru our Sonos soundbar. War Dept burned out on caregiving was so happy..

Best to all. Prayers to those hit by hurricane along the Gulf. my life is so simple and good - gratitude
@j_husker, let us know how we might help…ideas, etc. misery loves company

hope it jells soon