For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Greg - have not listened to entire album in 30 years, demo burnout….seems fresh and new ;-)
Ruby Cantilever Tuesday
who could hang
a FET
on you ?

Neil Young - Harvest ( 180g reissued out of the archives.. ) amended as pressing quality sucks….
In the custom of a great contributor @dayglow I shall be playing sides…

F Mac - Tusk
:-) Tubes and Rickie Lee, ya man. I caught her at The Triple Door w concert Grand. Awesome show. 
R Lee J - Pirates ( a masterpiece )
worthy of a reversion to both sides….
James - yes, I remember my guitar slinging roommate ( Gibson S-1 ) buying that at the school book store…..

up next but I will need to stream it…..
finishing with R Lee J - It’s Like This

almost, almost worth buying a beater Rolls to put in the garage…..The Dan knew things…..
Greg - my audio crack dealer in San Diego plays ( and sells ) the Vanessa disc - sounds great - big fun

Lyle Lovett / Shawn Colvin live tonight streaming after food truck visits neighborhood this eve, so playing some stuff to get War Dept warmed up….

I agree on same headshell if interested in evaluating with the FET effect is…. But fun never the less….
Minor tweak surgery to the mighty and ancient SOTA - removed the Sumiko PIB ( DIN to RCA box to a constrained layer Mount utilizing MyMat scraps provided by @slaw. All this to allow me to use my AQ Fire cables closer to source … Yowsa :-)))

Yes I know zero connections between end of tonearm and phono is better ( as implemented with my Triplaner ) That will wait here….

lucinda - World Without Tears
@reubent I was the Boeing exec focal to Clemson but attended Duke for my Masters. some great schools in the South, even UNC ( ha )….
seriously - the best to you and your son - aim high, aim high !!!!!!!
JCarr sent me a tip or three the other day ;-) one can apply to the Hana / FT-3….will advise how that goes…

James - I think i left Tone Poet in California, will look and listen here and comment.

BTW one of the sensei i mention is a very good friend of Joe Harley, they do same listening to each others systems, etc….
Take the A Train off Soular is sublime…

i am very blessed in my wanderings to hear many fine systems in great rooms with passionate audiophiles and music lovers. I remember when and where i first heard Soular and have been chasing that since….( right now my room is keeping me from attaining parity…but i have a plan ). i seek out sensei i can share listening with, they are not Sunshine pumps….nor would I want them to be….

i have been fortunate to be doing that since 1980. i still remember a friends system besting my stacked ESL because he had a heavily modified Audible Illusions ( is there a better name in Audio ? ) preamp… i got home and attacked my CJ with a soldering iron….ha.
James - I did a physical inventory of Seattle vinyl and Tone Poet is in California 

I lucked into that Terri Garrison disc minty $40 Discogs find… come hear it or I can send to you … repo rights reserved
Eleanor McEvoy - Forgotten Dreams ( Chasing the Dragon / Nordost D2D )

VaLDC006
Helen Merril - S/T

AAP / EmArcy APJ-127

op 1954

the op would be right in @noromace wheelhouse of musical bliss
Yo-Yo Ma / Chris Thile / Edgar Meyer - Bach Trios

The liner notes by Timo Andres are a luxurious wonder, a phd in listening skills grounded in musical ability and knowledge….a joy
i am sure there will be
crowding throngs
in heaven
to hear and see Sandy

i will juggle
for that chance
to hear sweet honey
from the rock
Charles Lloyd and the Marvels featuring Lucinda Williams - Vanished Gardens
Police - Outlandos….. this box set is a massive improvement over my memory of the OP discs…..
loving the new Jackson B….

exactly how i feel, even War Dept was ALL in !
re Layla…i also await an opinion…i am not a big Trey fan ( more notes, less feeling ) vs. Trucks who is a Skydog inspired player ( fewer notes, more feeling )….

?
+++ @6t5-gto i have yet to be disappointed by in Intervention release, i might be biased …..
@bikerbw ya, what a haul. Right Down the Line is a great song. Rafferty is a player of fewer but more meaningful notes - love his stuff….
super mighty fine..

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue ( 45 rpm MoFi 2 disc box set….yowsa )