For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Rainmaker…is a top ten song for me…..and the entire West could use that..right about now….

nothing but live music this eve…. 3 pc band in our common area… Allman, Creedance, Stones, etc…
he said “ desire is the last domino to fall”……

didn’t exactly say about…what….maybe nos tubes ?

ha.

i gotta stream it..
hi Steve….metal…hadn’t thought of it that way…in THEORY should be better…but…..
this copy has some pops that almost skip…..argh…..and i love listening to Mountain Jam….late at night…. “ turn your lamp down low “……
Steve - Eat a Peach going back soon :-( should be easy as LRS sourced….

nice review of Tim’s work with Noteworthy cables - when my reference system settles down I have some needs. 
James - gotta find my Springsteen cass with Racing in the Streets

70 Firebird w 400

” and I blew that Camaro off my back “…
Could be, heck…. For a brief period I thought it was Monday….
I have been using it for a year, except when the cleaning lady thought it was vinegar for the floors….. expensive vinegar
Ha, I believe you referred to the disc I sent you cleaned w Brooks stuff as “ looks like you used lighter fluid “…
I bought a gallon, I like it. The Monrovia store is about an hour fifteen North of me in California - but I hear they are moving to ????? Maybe @bdp24 has intel.
Nitty Gritty DB, 8/13/2020….. I have to tape off the turntable w blue painters tape and the tube amp and speakers on spikes to keep the urge to dust at bay….

The things i do for domestic bliss…..

i am catching up on milage..

Lucinda - Live at the Fillmore… ( server )….. this is really, really fine…
@bdp24 i heard about a month ago that locale was TBD and that Tom the wonder tech was on his last month of accepting repair work…..he rebuilt my RM-9 w wonderful results…i hope he sets up shop somewhere….
Gaucho..beater club edition, quite convinced thru planetary alignment it is a white hot …something…. How can the sax lie ?
….well, i met her at work..different department but still “ fishing off the company pier “… caught my interest when her weekend plan was NW Folklife festival… asked her how that went and she handed me a Music of the Andes cassette……
I made her a LiL Feat mixtape, the rest is history….

mutual listening waxes and wanes….we do a thing w server, she will do a search of song titles with a word…like rain, heart, river, etc… The NAIm crunches thru 3k plus ripped CD’s and generates a playlist… i let her drive 2
For LP, i just let her have discogs collection view and she picks 4-6 to play……
we call it “ Music Nite “, she Trish is much more Video aligned, so she will often pull me in to Music documentary…Tom Petty ( The Greatest American band, ever ! ), Rush, Eagles, etc… We have decent TV both places w Sonos soundbar….. we don’t suffer much…
almost forgot…we also in a very mutual way support musical arts by hosting a house concert most years and a recording studio / production company - great couple, great artists and they have a very high plowback ratio, Engineer sound guy has helped produce pro bono something like 6 - 10 albums during COVID. Patreon is a good thing…..
Finally, some great shared music while driving experience…one very memorable..coming out of Canada after a long week of fishing together ( with no music ), the Indy College radio station in Bellingham was playing a Train album straight thru….. First time we had heard Train…..hooked us both…..
@puffball08 yes that must be the one - I think that story dates from 1998, but that border and I have a love hate relationship- I normally keep my boat on W side Vancouver Island, so I have killed a lot of time near the Peace Arch…,

are you up here ??? Pac nw ?
we are newbie at 31. We don’t agree on everything, but why marry yourself ?
Tim , there are days when i wish i could plug my ears, sounds like i need MORE time in Bellingham… ha

@tgilb my wife and i both adore Natalie, her birthday we caught her in San Fran at the Warfield….freaking awesome

hope they play Bleezers Ice Cream at my funeral…. from Leave Your Sleep….

ya man 
We are winters in Carsbad , I am going to have get together there… Turntable crowd…. Decent horse derbers
I keep a Loggins and Messina album for the great song - Same Old Wine ( and as I recall heard that for first time driving 5 late at night in N. Calif… headed South.

some good College radio in the N Calif stretch…

Same Old Wine - best played loud !!!
Sarah Jarosz - Blue Heron Suite

There has been for many years a Great Blue Heron print in our listening room and most years a nesting Heron in the big Fir just outside - I always wonder IF my music bothers them….
ah yes somebody selling something you don’t yet have….i got my Two Against Nature LP from a Discogs vendor named “ Giant Leech “…. for 2X RSD in store price…. above that, i don’t wanna play and ( for me ) having that particular disc bordered on obsession…
since i spend time in recording studios, mastering, mobile recording….and i work with a great mentor and engineer…i am acutely aware of intentional distortion and downstream effects….great care need be taken in the SS ( if any ) parts of the chain…. Our belief is upper harmonics and IM, TIM are at work mucking things up…..
I will listen to album you guys are citing and see, but its likely not the microphone itself, that overdrive and breakup is not clean, the mic amp likely…..fun…
i was lucky, never had a Vinyl destroyer in family…Dad had Dual w Shure Type II, my first system at 17 was $75 ( gulp Grado Black ), Denon DP-790 W table, Onkyo A-5 Integrated ( Class A to 5 w )…and Infinity Qb…it was completely bad A…

Lucky bastard, I know…
James - what a prince you are ;-))) best thread on Audiogon. i am thinking RSD shuffle would not help my foot, so I shall also pass.

Trigger Hippy arrived in the mail……

@dayglow   Good luck with the move !!!!!

Darkness on the edge was a theme album in my life for a few years running a 3 liter Camaro on the street … eating V8 Irocs for dinner

” I blew that Camaro off my back “…
Bruce - Darkness ( beater club edition, worn down by an Audioquest AQ-404.. back in the day… )