Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Love the cover on that one Brian

I am still running thru Dan, Fagen, and Becker on the server.
…….

always a staple in my travel CD box…..real insight into Becker and Fagen both…..
i also wish it was available on LP….but tis not to be….
James and Steve - ordered the box set of Live at the Shoals…..what a great story…

streaming it on Tidal till such time as it arrives…..
greg i am so happy for you, those are big scores.

Good to have Steve back

streaming the Country Joe….
i know, Fish and boat on brain led me to very very poor RSD planning and execution…i ended up ordering off Discogs both the Dan discs at a premium, but i saved myself a lot of time and gas….

jazzed…now the wait, both sellers 100% fb, so there is hope….
@dmac67welcome to best thread on the Gon..imo

Tosh - Mama Africa

thx for the inspiration 
James - thank you, I have a RSD copy on the way to me :-) I don’t need two , but your generosity is amazing !!!!!!
Tea for the Tillerman

hard to keep up with Steve, so i fired up the system early….
i don’t have a pressing of Metals, my rip of the CD has some slam and impact in the bass - maybe it’s missing on the vinyl master ? Lots of energy below 60….wish Agon was more modern..like we could post pictures…ha

Croaker makes good trophy Redfish bait…….good on ya, priceless memories w grandkids i hope….
AQ Fire RCA vs. AQ Niagara XLR, not exactly a one variable experiment….but never the less, educational……

Using Dan - Everything Must Go ( Server )
i deleted a post seeking a free or nearly free Decca London so i can properly culturally indoctrinate the Croft phono pre…..

just kidding…who knows…?
i think @slaw has a pretty sure fire flattening process…also try an enzyme cleaner for a couple of cycles…the enzyme takes time to “ eat “ the goop, so give it time WET. i have had good results w both Nitty Gritty and Walker enzymes.

Please do report on that SQ Steve, my sense is Jason is one of the top ten songwriters today… 
@noromance i was just kidding, no idea about deleted posts…. Obviously bad humor 

Both RSD Steely Dan discs arrived today….

Anticipation
i have found the sonics if not always the pressing quality of the Mofi 45 rpm Dead reissues to be stellar..especially American Beauty
my buddy a. Deadhead since 1978 ( or ? ) thought they had sold out with Touch of Grey

its his boat name…..now
good to know on Shoals Steve…i streamed it and jumped in the deep end. to order it after about 6 tracks….
James…. I better get busy warming up the phono… only 72 out but headed to 100 for the weekend… I got 15 tubes to dissipate, not counting the DAC….

may have to rename the system “ orb “
Hopefully my wife can say “ running an estate sale TT   Thru the paces.. “….someday long in the future

ha
@noromance memory has you living in the cool inviting climate of the basement!!! But I cede the tube heat victory to ya…..

man I am sweating….
immersive, intimate, emotional = short review of Live at the Shoals Theatre by Cooley, Hood , Isbell
Thanks to Steve - I think the Shoals would have escaped my attention without him and this great thread of contributors 
Brian - “ every form of refuge has it’s price “ Eagles….

Croft and RM -4 in winter battle dress would bring me to 19

James - i will stream it if i can reach the DAC input panel, i have a new remote on order…
Finally messing w loading….

Lloyd and the Marvels..Gardens

glued to the platter, side B is a microdynamics festival…
Steve - I am mucking about w 2 Furman in a cascade for the analog front end…..results promising….

@noromance ya man, that’s where i got my copy from as well Brian. Enjoy…

i am toooooooo tired to spin vinyl tonight, work and early getups all week are a nasty combination….

@j_husker.    wow that brings back memories, the Signet TK7, we sold a lot of them…of course alongside the 5

smooth operator, tamed many an EMIT w that cart on Thorens deck

fun
Steve - great to hear your work and experimentation paying dividends.

Thanks for asking about the foot…more. fun w long haul diabetes. Have a date w vascular dude next week….we shall see. Had same issue w R leg almost 12 years ago…so the clock was ticking….

i am lucky, only three houses on transformer….mine is 100’ to weatherhead… but still…..strive  to improve