Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Aja left a long deep

33.33333 rpm scar.

So did Dire Straits- Love over Gold so full of pyrotechnics, rain and thunder

Dark Side of the Moon was worse, an amputation maybe... cutting away at my love for Meddle, Animals and more...

All of these and more were Audiophile darlings worn thin in the Eighties...

We had at the peak eight showrooms of gear. Vinyl was king and the lifeblood of the store and our customer’s addiction.

Of course we tried to stock fresh copies but they ended life worn out like a rust belt Ford Pinto. Washed and prayed over with a VPI deemed “ witch doctor “

For it’s renowned ability to raise some of the dead

• but not all.

So I tired of Peg, Deacon Blues and yes even Telegraph Road. Some thirty five years on they creep back slowly into my playlist, even LP ownership. And they make me smile....

Thanks Bill - I’ve decided to add Whale Meat to my want list for sure. 

I was a Dead outkast for singing the praises for Terrapin…i consider it a work of collaborative genius and on my desert island disc list for sure..although i am hoping for a T1 line and Qobuz on the beach…

Stones - Let it Bleed ( remastered off server )

as i packed up the Herron to take North to get the measure of the SOTA / Hana ML vs. the RM4/Croft combo...

fun, lots of music to play.....
Joel........welllllllllllll...... i have a hybrid amp in the reference system, but the Vandersteen M7 Hpa is an odd beast purpose built to drive only two pairs of speakers on the planet....tube front end, SS in a novel quasi cyclotron output stage...

the Condo system is a SS preamp w tube power amp...

i guess this makes me unformulaic....

but listen you must :-) have fun....
@noromance the RM4/Croft combo not ideal from s/n parameter, the Croft is excellent when fed higher output:-) 
i did reveal my cheating w Stones and on... Phono pre is in a box....

aint nothing free James..but yes, many tube amps are dominated by the sound of the output transformers.....

i was listening to a presentation today where Roger Modjeski praised Futterman....but in next breath said he built 5k v output tube amps to direct drive electrostatic......RIP Roger who hand wound his own transformers, then engineered his way out of the....

enjoy the music.....

@echolane i’ve got lifetime friends i met on this thread by reading about the “ recckkidds “ they were playing…. Cool you got the B and O running and sounding good.

In arrears:

Jackson Browne - Downhill

Caitlin Canty - Reckless Skyline

Over the Rhine - Ohio

Therese Juel - Levande 

truth be told, Norah could read a military tube cross referencing pinout guide in ancient Sumerian, and i would be there...at her feet....

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - Georgia Blue

Miles Davis Sextet - Someday My Prince

Whenever the yard needs work I look at the tide chart... ha, don’t own a lawnmower 
Just three houses on our transformer... good clean grounds, tight connections in the box, replace old breakers are a some inexpensive DIY if comfortable and qualified...
I loose count on the reference system but it’s 4, amps and subs consume 2, 1x analog and a server w LPS, everything else w SMPS / digital is on another line w Furman.

working on cold fusion top Quark power for my next upgrade...

@big_greg Yes, Salvant is awesome;-) James and Spencer turned me on to her….very well recorded on digital, should also translate well to LP.

Patti Page - Indiscretion ( Mercury SR 600 59 PP period pressing, fresh off a cycle on Degritter )

Happy Saturday to all !

welcome new posters to this great thread

Jim

oh Brian , I remember playing that Gabriel for the first time on the KEF 105.2…. fun….

The Tony Rice Unit - Backwaters

Agree, i think So is probably the best sonics…but i don’t have everything….

i also love Plays Live. played LOUD…..

Shaking the Tree….

Catchup breakfast w fellow audiophile brother in Law followed by used LP bin diving at Spin Records in Carlsbad. I found three, all grade NM- visually but will go for a ride in the Degritter…

Jennifer Warnes - S/T

Leo Kottke - Greenhouse

Schumann Concerto in A Minor, Chicago w Van Cliburn and Fritz Reiner, ( RCA LSC 2455, recorded 1960 )….

Steve - Do we need to get you a parental control timer to limit your streaming time ?……. ha….

Tom Petty - Angel Dream

Crank it up Sundae Sunday !

Gov’t Mule - Life Before Insanity ( Music on Vinyl )…..

LiL Mc240 getting a workout today……

crank it up

Tommy Tutone - S/T….. ah the memories @noromance …. chasing girls, loud guitars, may have skipped class…

Thanks for checking in w me. Made it to Seattle w new boat Friday, had some holes to drill etc, did 7 hour breakin / saltwater sea trial today. She does 41 knots :-) fun but very tired and have been solely focused on upcoming 6 day Halibut and Shrimp trip... Music feeds the soul, but Halibut are Sole .. ha

jim
i never run 41 knots, just checking to see if she is propped right...

i have a nice Euro pressing from Germany on the vintage system....i am too tired to carry the SOTA down to reference system....

London Grammar - Truth

Why do i post here ?

Let me ask my Shrink, er therapist, er connection…or my LRS

Brother can you spare a record ?

Recommendation ?

Deadwax ?

Pressing plant ?

Emotion ?

Memory oh so distant

of a girl who could

dance

kiss

or just cue up the record..

at the end of a hard days night…

@mycarnival789 Ya man ! a great double album The Congoes - another agon member @whart turned me on to that……

A thread for sharing music and discovery :-)

Steve - Shrimp trip off charts good, limited each of the 4 days, saw the San Juan resident pod of Orcas, life is good. Music starts tomorrow for a few weeks, 

Had a wonderful visit today with @nicks25 enjoying a sampling..

Brubeck, Gillian Welch, Nick Lowe, Joe Jackson, Donald Fagen, and more…..

Super cool dude, so enjoy Nick ;-)

Best thread on Agon.

Jim

Server untIl i get gumption to carry the SOTA Down...

JD Souther - A Natural History 
Brian kicked me in the belt drive...TT moved and making music in the Ref system...

London Grammar- Truth

Nick You are very welcome and thank you for generous gift of the Nick Lowe album - it’s wonderful;-) please visit anytime!

Jim