For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

no tunes last eve, just time in Outlaw Mom’s’ backyard with Gyoza, Fried rice and Bulgogi....ya, i know typical Easter fare...some Davis Family Vineyards Syrah....stories, Egg hunt for the kids....

home super late...

Traffic - Low Spark ( stuck in Traffic )

Put a better power cord on Herron

Black Acid Soul - S/T…in my mind a O Holy ! LP

thanks @ Whart

what else you got ?…….

The ancient Telefunken have an affinity for;

Fleetwood Mac - Rumors ( 45 rpm but the pressing quality is C at best )…..

@spiritofradio James…funny, i can recall the exact moment i heard War Pigs for the first time on a very low fidelity rig….but freaking galvanizing…..

“ the most important thing to keep in mind ( if you have one ): If we can do it, so can you “. 

There, how difficult was that ?

n > 30 is so easy to achieve in sunny So Cal, record stores abound...and Discogs does the rest...
last one for me also...

Natalie M - Motherland

Vaccine shot #2 on the morrow, red letter day....
it is true, besides the black orb, I travel in the land of ones and zeros, quarks and neutrinos, magnetic tape, and more.

The postman delivered a Water Lily CD today...Saudades WLA-Cs-16-CD

” Saudades this word has no English equivalent: it is a mixture of melancholy and longing “

anyone have the LP ?
@keegiam You got the SOTA, so we will welcome you into the fold. I would say participate, lead by example. Some of us may click on those links, others may not....change comes slowly, some of us are only now recognizing solid state devices...like the toaster...
well in the words of Eisenhower: “ no plan survives contact with the enemy “

I need to get that Sailing Shoes.....

sounds like my help would only be as a drunk explains the need for sobriety to a fellow addict, over a beer
OMG, a crisis turntable liquidation intervention..shall I schedule a zoom counseling session ?
Eastmountainsouth - S/T on the server, out of gas.....

Qubits zooming today......
@keegiam i enjoyed the Coryell you posted the other eve, dude is fast. i guess i am more in the less is more skool of notes....but i do enjoy him especially his use of Harmonics...
there are of course, high end esoteric toasters...some French stuff that makes Jadis seem pedestrian and affordable...I myself am a culinary cro magnon...possibly australopithecine....

I like venison, vinyl and CD’s ripped into a server....
461 Ocean and then that’s it...promised “ movie night “.... we found an old RCA from 1963, tubes..gets 3 channels....wish us luck, they say it may require an antenna....
why not ?
Leon Russell - Live at Gilley’s

memory is fleeting but i recall it was a RSD release...

fun
War Dept sprung this today...

mesmerizing....

https://www.audible.com/pd/Beginners-Mind-Audiobook/B08ZYXLTYG?ref=a_author_Yo_c19_lProduct_1_1&...

we are mostly all immigrants, some have forgot this...perhaps they ( we ) can relearn.... The attentive listener shall be rewarded to the reference to Saudades ( Water Lily WLA-CS-16 CD and Vinyl )

I have a Cd copy for loan, should someone seek to explore.

Jim
Chatting with Cray veteran and Quantum Physicist I work with... turns out he has 3 TT in boxes in the basement... stay tuned...

Some great tunes being played….will use streamer to hear things i don’t have…love it !
Kona blend, hints of fog at LaJolla, bright sun here…not much break to the surf…Happy Saturday to all !

Steve - I greatly enjoyed it, dig the rebel stance….she has a unique voice with some edge….excellent 

I particularly love Allison  live CD album - Show…. count me as a fan for sure…on this disc she far outshines her much more famous sister…. imo….maybe i have a crush…ha

U guys are on fire... 

love Cat Power, she lives on the server here, mostly. I have The Covers on LP

Cat Power - The Covers

Gil Evans Orchestra - Out of the Cool ( “ Audiophile clear vinyl # 136 of 1500 ) pressing quality abysmal except for when it isn’t…. )

Right, I am a terrible rule follower

Steve - how are the Sonics on the Joe and the Fish LP ?

@skyscraper.  ...please play them all and make a recommendation IF possible. what a great story

also, you can load your collection in Discogs....at my advancing age, this keeps the repeat buys down....
anybody know if the new expanded version of Fleetwood Mac - Live will be issued in Vinyl??? Holy C this is really, really great in 24x196