For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Radio Paradise, Mellow mix, staring out the window draining my coffee cup....
Streaming Dead - To Terrapin 

feeling a lot better :-)

+1 Boxer - I read something nice about Tori today, so enjoy her....

in arrears;

James Taylor - Flag ( MoFi )

The Band - Cahoots ( 50 th Aniv )

now playing

Tony Joe White - Homemade Ice Cream ( 45 RPM Acoustic Sounds )

@slaw Man you are not kidding, every time i play it, jumping around, volume cranked playing air bass ;-) Swampy requires a funky ole beater bass….

James McMurtry - Too Long in the Wasteland

Well as the old Russian saying goes … everything not mandatory is compulsory…

I will work on my audiophile cred…

jim

“ too long in the wasteland “ James McMurtry

i hear his Dad has passed along, RIP
I did pick up Dire Straits- Debut MoFi 45 rpm, looking forward to that for sure....
$$$ 135 plus shipping for my GF Gillian, and the  hanger on...David......plus shipping...
Steve, I love Nashville Obsolete and his work, I thought my “ Girl Friend “
comment would give it away...

I will check out their site...
Rachmaninoff -  Symphonic Dances / Vocalise - Minnesota / Oue

( Ref Rec. RM-1504 )

lovely
@slaw....i gave Gilian and Sir David a chance w Lost Songs 1-3 today on the streamer while smoking some venison, you are so right, their cast-offs are extraordinary......

@bslon ​​​​@spiritofradio not so fast….after all the followup with Some Girls is priceless…pure genius

A desert island disc for me anyway… I have the banned cover, secret name for the boat is Beast of Burden…. Far Away eyes…..more…

@seekerbob Yes, the consensus this thread is very worthwhile. A layer of murk has been removed and my reference is a fine German pressing.

Welcome

Jim

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit -  Georgia Blue

Cover of Night Swimming featuring Bela Fleck  and Chris Thile is outstanding kickoff to a beautiful album..

Joel - Congrats on sale !,,, 

In arrears; Dead - Skull and Roses, Working Mans, American Beauty

Brian - Thanks so much - I captured your post and will forward to my conductor friend who has Treo ;-) He is on a Scriabin binge right now….

Jim

Humble Pie - Smokin’

good news, lung collapse smaller by approx 55%.....

cranking it up....
beautiful sunset, Pelicans, surfers, crashing Dolphins on bait....

Leonard Cohen - Ten New Songs ( w the sublime Sharon Robinson )
@noromance the bins didn’t cough up any playable 50-60 New Orleans discs for you....today, but they will my friend, they WILL...
Yes - s/t ( RSD release from 2019 ? on orange vinyl )... this is simply superb....
thanks Joel.....i am thankful for great care and insurance, thanks for checking in on me - means alot.

@slaw hang in there man ;-) you are a treasure to your mom and family.

i will put together some streaming / DAC thoughts….via PM

Tony Joe White - Black and White ( AAP reissue…super quiet vinyl…tuberolling some ancient Telefunken into the Herron…..

Recent arrivals; 7 x various Scriabin from the used bin…yowsa…

Greg - i think my Street Survivors is German also w banned cover....

Steve - I sent you a photo of fish cooling off..... i had a chunk, it stands up well to a nice Rye pairing....

my hands reek of smoke.....

@bslon Great reminder, i ran Delos thru the Cardas sweep disc a week or so ago. I also now have a surplus Sumiko Fluxbuster i can loan to people on this thread in need. Could send it in Spring…

Best to all

Jim

smoke salmon drifting on the wind outside, Clapton drifting on the box inside....

Backless