For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Steve - i recently caught an NPR interview w Jimbo and Bird about collaborating on new album, fascinating and you can feel the deep friendship and respect they have for each other..... a gem for sure
Joel ! ya man fish on the Traeger...yum....

smoked charred edge Bluefin, off charts....

Dregs - Industry Standard, warming up....
Valerie Carter - Just a Stone’s Throw Away

chock a block full of talent, RIP

NM- copy Her other fantastic LP - Wild Child for sale now on AGon, $10 and shipping, no affiliation w seller, just FYI
surprised nobody volunteered to break the Trumpet in shoreside in Hawaii.......i could be reasonably good at that.....with a pomegranate Margarita... ( an aside, if you get to Lahaina , the upstairs bar at Fleedwoods ( yes that Fleetwood ) serves a wonder version of that drink.....
James - yes full of tricks, studio wizardry and some bits of overdrive and grunge. I spent some time level matching between LP and Digital and virtue strengths in both - toss up, some cuts better one format, but close and both enjoyable.

Crosby / Nash - Wind on the Water ( OP from the hundred LP haul, refreshed w second enzyme clean..... sounding mighty fine )
wrung out from 4 hour marathon zoom, no gas in tank - catch y’all tommorow. The end of the world LP sounds intriguing.....
best thread on audiogon, be good to each other......nobody knows everything, don’t be a lemming....
ha, Brian....now ya know, although i would repeat at 100 ish hour mark.... congrats, love at first listen it seems...

exactly, i am a guilty of low volume absurd purchases….  

to save $ today, i am binging on my Amos Lee collection on the server….

just keep in mind, all this audio stuff is cheaper than a serious fishing season…ha..

@j_husker Congrats man ! what fun. Enjoy in good health

Jim

@sbank …oh man… 45 rpm Eva, must be sublime…my problem ( first world, i know… ) is i have the Nightbird vinyl set….i love that they included more songs, and in particular title cut…so emotive…and “ she taught him how to fly “…

Spinning Dan - Two Against Nature a masterpiece of wry lyrics, percussion, Beckers acerbic guitar and perfect horns running counterpoint…..

Happy Sunday all !

Jim

Trying out some new value phono loading resistors Keith Herron sent, so far…so good….

James the title track was my fave …but the entire album is a toe tapper….

@sailmed Thanks so much, I will check that out.

Speaking of ;

Trumpet and Organ - Music of the Baroque - Ronald Thompson and Emma Lou Diemer ; Water Lily Acoustics WLA-WS-13

Tim - I found this bin diving for $10, on a frugal streak….ha.

Greg….i went back and forth between wide open and 220…. w virtues and vice w both….It’s a very transparent tube phono as you know….. 

Tube Rolling is next, last time i did that w clear top RCA was NOT rewarded at all, i have some ideas…

Best to all

Jim

Steve - Brian has the photo bit mastered so i asked him to post up a photo of the 220 ohm Herron ;-) Eventually depending on how tge laser trimmed Vishay trial goes, i will most likely use RCA w Delos….my wandering eye is looking up the Lyra line…

but…….Piano sounding wonderful w 100 ohms, Lyra recommendation is 91….

Traffic - Low Spark…

;-) Joel - My take is between GAIN2 and 45 rpm, MoFi is hitting the right notes..

So glad you are enjoying the new TT ;-)

Dire Straits- Love Over Gold ( MoFi 45 rpm # 4884 out of ? )…

Telegraph Road dynamic contrasts are striking, rich, vibrant….

Friendly reminder - time to play the Cardas sweep / degaussing LP…..

thanks to Steve @slaw for this wonderful tip / gift…

Joe Jackson - Night and Day ( Intervention Records Reissue ) imo stunning improvement in sonics…

Charles Lloyd - Tone Poet has arrived but I have been indisposed. James hope yours arrives soon. We can compare impressions....
Astute observation James !
I crashed the bike as the nephews would say “ shredding an edge “ bike is more road than off road but a 20 knot wind gust gave me a nudge- I have my own in attention to blame. 18 mph + 20 knot gust and hard = 7 fracture ribs and a punctured lung. Crawling out of the hole. TT will get some use, but digital in many forms will rule the day for awhile.
thanks for asking brother 
Also, my MIPS rated mountain bike helmet is trashed, broke in 3 places, as designed- word to wise always cycle with a helmet.

I dusted myself off and rode 6 miles home.... frick, I hurt now.

ha.
Overall pretty good. The bike has been a life saver in turbulent times - big time stress reducer health inducer. Not Tom’s fault. IF I go out and buy a pair of Infinity, then blame him.

car club at Ohio State grubbed up enough $ to run a Saab Turbo as a series entrant in Midwest during Winter , freaking hilarious pro instructor we hired crashed it on logging road it hurt... a lot, but not this bad

thanks for all the well wishes
However, taking healing playlist suggestions... hopefully with better grace from me. James it is appreciated 
Always understand deeply the baseline... my philosophy but hey, I have also jumped the shark and handlebars...

releasing me home...

I invented a new Dr Seuss character the NeumoLorax

Tall white guy, chest full of hot air....a fat semblance of Earnest Hemingway

NeumoThorax is what I have

Even the trauma surgeon laughed... he did ask for a drawing....
Some interesting discs being played, Steve I have the RSD Yrs and it is a Sonic wonder, building my eve playlist:

Tone Poet
Yes
Delaney and Bonnie ( I have an OP in VG+ )

brother inherited all the Windham Hill along w SOTA in 1986, we were a WH dealer also...
James - I am boycotting Van, he is an anti-masker...

Did I ever mention, my 47 yo second cousin in Ohio, an anti masker, Covid denier, spent a month on the ventilator at OSU, she is now 6’ under. RIP, went down last week...

so , while I love his music.... not now...
That’s exactly the kind of good taste cousin ya want hanging round.

I catch her smiling more
even as we travel
some hard rows and roads
those glaces
take me back
to when life with her
was just an unlimited
dance floor

for Tim
Brian, so far I am escaping the dread chest tube....

Liz Storey on the way, Japanese press in NM to add a bit of diversity to our communal listen ... fun

T.P. - Hard Promises on the TT….excellent, perfectly suits my California mood…

James - Cool, streaming the Nonesuch No. 3 now… ;-) Didn’t know of this. In our house, DG and in particular Herbert K reigned supreme….