Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Tedeschi / Trucks - High and Mighty

oh, how i am lamenting the loss of live music…

James - Yes it was me, my conductor buddy in WA was on a Scriabin binge…so i bought some for both of us. None of them play better than ex but i am going to rerun thru Degritter and cherry pick a few and pass rest on to him…. it was a fun deep dive…

for the F Mac and derivatives, etc...club

Buckingham Nicks, kinda insane €£¥$, what pressing ?
James...my 45 rpm Shawn Colvin is stuck somewhere 8n no mans land between Germany and USA.....oh well
Locked in on Tapestry, War Dept going to be very happy, we do music nite every now and then.....
Tapestry is a War Dept. favorite, i will call my local vinyl crack dealer tommorow and reserve a copy. i always found the sonics murky at best, so........hope springs eternal.....
Joel - Did the Degritter arrive ? Seems perfect for a condo dweller such as I......
Acony is good to great, i have a few where pressing quality control was MIA..... but overall very good. Art and Sound.
Server fare this eve.......somebody has to be the black sheep....

Gabriel - Scratch my Back....
James, still..re Tapestry, even if the white T has a pocket and is XXL....

ha

I didn’t score that Record day Jillian...

bummer

Spencer ; like everything i have heard from that duo, it never fails to satisfy…i don’t know that anything can shine with such a bright light as Harrow and the Harvest, but i enjoy this..consider myself lucky to score a reissue copy…i need to be more on top of upcoming releases and preorder…

Tom did you go with two ???? Licking my chops as #2 enroute to the SOTA.....

fun, I hope Steve crafts another batch for LP lovers.....
ya man Steve !,,, we got 3. i think it would be fun to write a review together...... ( Tapestry )
congrats on vaccine Steve.......so far zip for me but i have faith.

Brian - i share your opinion on Blue Turtles, i have a minty $1 bin diver copy but improvements in the system pull it towards neutrality....
i am listening to the SOTA with the Peat mod, big A glass of Talisker, lot’s of PEAT, just a sliver of ice.....

Tom - I got mine from LRS / stereo store: Stereo Unlimited in San Diego.....it’s like 9 or ten rooms of crack.......

Tom - OMG, about spit up my wine ! we NEED a picture of you singing backup in Florida….

Coral Reefer band comes to mind

Yes, Robbie in good form for 80 for sure. Dig it. Will stream a few more times b4  making the vinyl plunge…

Best

Jim

Tom - Wavelength is a favorite of mine…

Streaming the new R. Robertson at your suggestion 

In case ya think I am suffering: Beogram TX, NAD 3020a, Nakamichi CR-2A,  Dynaco A-25. Wired with first generation Monster cables... ha

Brian - you are welcome on the silver disc trace...
i like the stuck in traffic box set Steve, even tho i got a bad low spark, the sleeve leaked printing white....

anyway, excellent sonics for me.....
My MoFi Champagne Jam does not disappoint!!!!!

out in garage again today heavy cassette day again, so far: CSN, Neil, ZZ Top, Commitments....
Joel, thinking of declaring it as new toaster and taking my chances w War Dept..... 
More work, more cassette music...
Foreigner - Debut
I documented the recording chain: Thorens 166, AT / Signet TK5e, Hegeman HAPI II preamp, Nak 480 deck...

sounds great, what fun

Brian - I don’t believe i have ever seen that Vintage Dead LP, i have the 1967…

Steve - Aoife announced extensive tour dates today….praying i can make it to one of her W. coast gigs…..

Best to all, happy music Sunday.

Spinning - Renaissance - Ashes Are Burning

Turned on to Dead at Prep school in 1977, it was on in some form in 25% of my dorm rooms at any given minute…. I rebelled feeling it was too mainstream….until i discovered it was on 50% of the time…in the girls dorm….

Brian my stacked Quads were high passed w caps installed in the two CJ MV-45a amps driving them…it definitely increased clarity. The sub filters were more complex. Take a look at what all goes into a Vandy high pass filter, great parts are just part of the equation IMO.

Brother in law has the small REL. Good to great w His Dynaudio mini monitors.

Have fun ;-)

Jim