For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

I have been enjoying the Police box set, it will make the trek North. I know it’s a “ first world problem “ but managing vinyl collections two places is maddening.....
the mentioned RSD 4 Way, which good natured jabs aside between friends !!! 

Playing the Ohio side now.....
Tom - I thought perhaps it was the liner note reference about Night and Day being written and recorded in Ny CITY....

;-)

man City to City is hitting all the right notes this eve...

thanks

Brian - congrats, love them both.. “ did she jump?.... or was she pushed ?
Steve - I don’t have it on vinyl, ripped copy on server. I think that gritty stuff is what he prefers, certainly Mule leans that way. You saved me some $... headed to Seattle soon, will play it on the reference 
@cal3713 welcome, it is a great thread and contributors....truly nice people....
Chris and Steve - I am streaming Sun Kil Moon now, really enjoying it....suits the mood - raining here today...

Greg - did you charter the whole cargo hold ? my pressing is not quite NM- but I enjoy ARS...my S. Rock roots I guess...or more likely, GF attending Emory...

A million vertical feet :-) now that is living

@reubent i believ@bdp24 turned me on to Danny Gatton, simply superb

Lloyd / Williams - Vanished Gardens ( this has become a Desert Island disc for me.... )
Brian inspired me...

Richard and Linda Thompson - Pour  Down Like Silver  ( CGLP 4404 Salt of the Earth series )
Eva - Nightbird.....

Take me to the river
God gave me a Kilowatt plus, let’s use it !,,,
Steve keep us up to speed ( pardon the pun ) on SOTA motor, I didn’t do anything besides new baseline motor when my auction find table was back there...
Patty Griffin - Silver Bell

love the layers and smoky yet driving intensity.....Desert Island disc  for me....would that she sailed along....ha

Yes welcome all the new posters !

Weather Report - Heavy WX ( beater club edition )

inspired by a text w James…

Sigmund Floyd - Dark Side, followed by Animals 

Daniel - Turgitol arrived today, one step closer…to the edge

Steve - Let me know what you think of Colvin / Earle  - I have that on ripped CD into  server only..but i could be influenced into LP…

Daniel - Water is next ! spoke to dealer again yesterday to attempt confirmation back to Degritter tgat extra tank would be included in the estimated 1/25 shipment…We shall see…hopeful….

My plan is to do an initial Enzyme step with my wet vac Nitty Gritty then the  Next 2 steps same as Daniel. The excellent sonic test of sending 16 discs to Perfect Vinyl Forever pushed me into pulling trigger on US cleaning…. And of course a lot of +++ influence from Steve along the way..best thread on AG

Jim

@puffball08 aka Daniel in Orange county has been cutting trail w Degritter process. He has evolved a three step method w spinclean step, then a Turgitol cycle in degritter followed by a water only cycle. He has also been in direct contact w Degritter on duty cycle and taking some readings of temps as machine operates in various above cycles across a 8 or so record batch. Supercool.

Jim

War Dept. and I are playing with a generative music app called Bloom by Brian Eno

....fun

Steve - My copy has some noise on side 2

Bill - thanks for the Audio Desk surfactant tip. More options is good. The relatively small Degritter tank will i believe lead to easy experiments…..

Arrival and playing soon;

Aiofe O’Donovan - Age of Apathy

I have been streaming some Fats Kaplin warming up the amp…..