and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

“ it’s none of my business
but it breaks my heart
she dropped a dozen cheap roses
in the shopping cart “

Jason is IMO one of the best storyteller of song working today.....

speaking of Desert Isle discs, that might be a fun exercise w contributors this thread, say limit it to x discs......IF we do that let’s try to get @whart to play also....
@dayglow I am lazy so playing half sides is more work, I admire your system of thought and process. I am glad others took your invite to comment on SQ and more. I agree, I find it helpful as a start. Now IF you say your reference tweeter is a piezo electric bullet, I will add a pinch of salt...but it will be pink salt from the Baltic, cause I am pretentious, that way ( this is a joke )
the Dexter is superb streaming, love it.....will get that in Vinyl 

Soft Machine next...
James, about 20% of the country is on the sedition list, you have 15 days or so to capitalize on it, wave the Russian record at the gates of the WH and they will hire ya on the spot...
@noromance streaming Dust and Ash......hi rez on Qobuz.....interesting.....
Agree Steve - I even listened to a few Andy S solo efforts last eve from the server, they had innovative magic. I will look into that box set!!

Neil Y - Old Ways
Jacintha- Tribute to Ben

Starts out under gain and tentative but halfway into first song balance and interplay correct - a fine fine recording and performance. 
45 rpm on Groovenote
6T5 I caught them in 83 winter in Cleveburg is the recollection, horrible big venue sound but good
i was a kid
Japan Pressing of Jeff Beck - Live.

James I will miss tonight, have another zoom call conflict..argh....choices...
I like Loudhailer, think it’s solid and not formulaic ( if that can be said about J Beck )

@sbank guilty as charged. re Doors

Ann Armstrong and Steve Hughes thx to @femoore12 I now have the LP

@noromance my LRS guy near outlaws ( my escape ) recently retired but he was a massive Span fan...lord knows I tried...just can’t get there.....yet.
Polica - Zenyatta Mondatta.....

drum impact and shimmering guitar chords are just better than my OP...

@ticat +++ for Anne B, i caught her live in Seattle ;-) i also have Blue Mind

@sbank It is Riders on the Storm … Friday…crank it up…

whenever i get down near the box sets near the floor at the thrift shops....I worry about getting back up, so I leave all those dusty mysteries alone......for you youngsters  

Spencer - “Fudge, only I didn’t say fudge “….. so very sorry to hear this…bummer…

James - Croz was solo but he talked at length about how excited he was to work w Snarky Puppy