For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

She has a bit of Cheryl Crow in her too.

this may call for a third Tenth Mountain Rye ( Vail )
Steve, last I read anyway, you need like 11 of them...

there are days when i understand why i serve on the board of a quantum computing company, because there is @%/$& strange stuff we don’t fully understand at work in the universe......

have at it, but report back from the brave new world (s)...
@bdp24 i think you might appreciate the spiritual connection via Over the Rhine
Merry Christmas all

after riding 27 miles with Shawn Colvin rattling round by noggin..i got home and ordered that 45 rpm maxi single @slaw... coming from Germany, unplayed.

I am streaming her 30 th aniv Steady On.....warming up the glass....
after a bit of warmup with Richard Thompson

Over the Rhine - Love and Revelation

.....not to be underestimated in vinyl 
In my long list of blessings, I count this particular thread and those who contribute:-) Merry Christmas and happy holidays
Veering to a path like Whiskey Town, Son Volt, Wilco, Blue Rodeo, Junkies...
As I ponder it over the AM Java, Hollywood Town hall was something of a similar launch point for me as well @reu
Steve based on your prodigious listening marathon sessions , I am not sure you sleep...
Fascinating and totally unexpected Christmas gift from non audiophile brother in law:

lovely Box set of the LP discs launched on the Voyager spacecraft, gold colored vinyl, picture book... nicely curated

I plan to aim at least one Schuman generator towards space when I play this....

Dead - Warfield ( RSD ) I think my Dead collection may outnumber my classical…

Must be payback Brian as i spent an hour on the phone today w orchestra conductor with Treo….fun. He digs three microphone stuff ;-)

Ordered the Degritter in black, three weeks ish out…

Amber R - 17th Ward

thanks James

I am pondering resolutions....

Fish more
Bike > 100 miles a week
.....talk War Dept. into another gun dog....
Border C works, I probably should have said working dogs.....

You got me beat on fishing this year, my norm is 40-50 days.

good on ya on the bike, I rode today in 50 degree and it was brisk but got 27 miles along San Luis Rey river, super ez stuff for a guy like you !!!!! best to you T !!!
my profile picture is MIA, it’s a Govt Mule album cover of Mighty High, obviously I didn’t inhale.

My thoughts on the 240 and the 280 are mostly unprintable until I bought a 911. The 300 reminded me of HS GF that ten years after didn’t age well...perhaps they saw me in the same light...

Bob Seger - Live Bullet 
the Voyager box set came with a TT mat, two layers: Felt with launch dates and orbital and interplanetary trajectory printed...base layer looks like white PVC.....

I will write a review when I can .....expect that just before the extraterrestrials land....I hope they like Chuck Berry and the Magic Flute....
Brian - Voyager  it’s a collection of music, nature sound etc sent on gold LP discs into space on Votager one and two spacecraft....

circa 1977 so back then we had the global sense to include Igor, nowadays it would include a free coal sample, Ted Nugent, an NRA sticker and a free box of ammo... coupon
Scott - no question is bad, 45 w perhaps only 2 - 3 songs per side can be cut w more groove spacing and less limiting. 

Steely Dan - The Royal Scam
Happy New Year to all !!!!

I am streaming it tonight, Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom - I can highly recommend the movie :-)) super well done IMO

as an aside received (4) VPI magic bricks today, auction score... will be mucking about with them for grins..... i last owned these in 1986 on all my many CJ power transformers.....
Ha!,, Tom and is born anew the fellowship of the brick..... yes i remember clients asking for felt....maybe Steve can send me some MyMat scraps ?...

Tommorow i will plant one on top of the fairly substantial Brinkmann TT power supply...... all part of the fun and the music....
thanks Buddy !,,,, Your MyMat is so good ;-) scraps greatly appreciated Steve
Peter Gabriel- Security ( with VPI Brick on top of the already substantial Brinkmann Bardo power supply.... )

@sbank nice LRS score ! Time Loves a Hero ( and a Pirate )

Julianne Ankley - With Love from Lake Huron

@j_husker Ya man Grado power ! I have the New Cahoots, loving it ! it’s on deck for tonight

Jim

Stones - Some Girls ( banned cover promo copy )

Genesis - Trick of the Tail

Greensleeves - Shoji Yokouchi Trio ( Three Blind Mice / Impex  TBM 5011

Close Mic. masterwork 

Nude Party is a hoot......thinking mans’ Southern Culture on the Skids...
On Palmetto Rose the bass cabinet is 15’ back..... nice and so in the pocket....