For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Boxer !!! Congrats on your venture and patent - no small thing moving the body of knowledge forward :-) how wonderful!!!! I was confused as I thought Steve was commenting about it sounding good with your products now, love the name BTW....
Right here Steve, streaming the Courtney... nice energy !!!!

“ tell me I’m exceptional, I promise to exploit you “....

I think she knows stuff....
Nice score Greg !!! That’s pretty far up the line as memory serves  - congrats !!!!!

Ah so, I understand now !!! Well if Steve is getting better sound then that is Noteworthy:-))))
@dayglow i do not have North and South and neither does Tidal or Qobuzz.... ah, Discogs ???
Over the Rhine - Ohio ( the LP is excellent..... ya man, never knew about this band before this thread !!! )
James : Yes Steve has it right, Over the Rhine - Ohio  Engineered by Paul Mayhern....so that tidbit and the IMO great sound he got on Ohio has me checking out some of his other work w OTR and notably John Mellencamp - No Better Than This...

wondering if any have that in mono LP
Richard Thompson- 13 Rivers

seems like eons ago I caught him live in our local 300 seat Qonset hut venue in Solana Beach.....
on being MIA....just went thru an other stuff phase where music wasn’t a driving interest....but i am back :-) 
Ya man, I think the B and O TT in the garage may be proof of my insanity 
Steve - I think you could rip thru all of Wm in one of your epic all nighters

btw The War Dept and I share a deep affection for Hiatt
Christmas tunes on the streamer... War Dept is hot after the tree.... it’s up, lights work, color wheel is next....
I should clarify that the B and O plays music in the garage. Along w Nakamichi deck, Sony ES CD, a bone stock NAD 3020 running Dynaco A25 speakers. We serve Bushmills in the garage should any of you visit and stay in “ the guest room “
I have War Dept. Approved Sarah McLachlan - Christmas tunes on, tree lit up, massive Mac and cheese w ham and crostini casarole in the oven... life is good
Awesome Steve - I am going to stream it again while waiting on the black disc to arrive
Yes neatly between Winwood and Ferry, although my recollection is she sold me with an Avalon reference....
James all the Talk Talk catalog is well done, Hollis RIP was meticulous and had an ear
Talk Talk - Colour ( Reissued )

rode my R-90 from Seattle to Tucson to see a girl who turned me on to this album....
Yes, I shall close it out w No. 6

after Spirit of Eden finishes up it’s own brilliance 
Yes welcome new posters :-)

50th Aniv. The Band - Stage Fright announced today, redo by Clearmountain and new liner notes from RR

drugs ?, what drugs ? I may have approximated The Lawyer in Where the Buffalo Roam..

perhaps
Welcome Chef :-)

Over the Rhine - Blood Oranges in the Snow ( after all this is a Christmas album... of sorts )
I too have Band of Horses on server ( from a CD rip ) and it is good. Certainly the venue doesn’t hurt , no vinyl of it tho...

Steve - what is the Colvin 45 rpm ? I certainly dig her work

also welcome to the many new posters :-) love your contributions and diverse tastes..

Jim

@bkeske Congrats Brian ! Now, more than ever Cleveland Rocks !

I don’t miss identifying Palm trees from low rez pictures…. Jesus, i hope that @#$&$#@ is behind us…

Tom - Maybe we can get a cull pile exchange going …. ? The Stardust story so resonates..I fell in love w Teatro and wanted more Willy, so i ordered a minty Japanese OP of Stardust…it gathers dust…argh….

New Arrival:

Delaney and Bonnie and Friends - On Tour

Its a rare monophonic pressing because my right ear is still plugged up…

@corelli U are gonna fit right in w tge rest of us gear and music junkies…. i am at a nadir of just two turntables…. Stick with us, we will learn from ya

streaming Monophonic - Sound of Sinning

Digging it….

What does the Oracle say as the single Monophonic top of heap vinyil album to get ?

@trhester1 Yes ! Welcome ;-) Great first post. Bet it sounds wonderful complete with the perfect ( in my mind anyway ) Santa Barbara groove….

I am in Carlsbad Winters IF ya get down this way..

Jim

;-) It’s also the egoless audio thread…with great music…

Linda R - Living in the USA

Listening to Maggie Rogers - Notes from Archives 2011 - 2015 ( stream ) really like her
James - oh man, Madison has her funk groove on from the first phrasing bass line... ya !!!! Dig her

thanks brother 
James - Becca is on Tidal and it’s lovely, some of the best piano I have heard..., dripping wet