Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Brian this is the new release just out, archive stuff pre studio albums

the Crow on the Cradle is stupendous 
In my morning reading a rather lengthy RS article on Doobie Brothers, I learned some stuff...

i have a vivid memory of listening to Takin it to the Streets on M-105 FM out of Cleveburg ... I think it was Sunday nites they would play a featured album in entirety... 
James there must be a good rock lyric there

scaling her shaker heights
side by side
tickling her keys
pushing those pedals
with trembling knees...
The Buzzard ! Yes but M105 had a wider playlist, the MX-110 got both with equal clarity from 60 miles out
Boxer12 “ is there any new business “, yes a favorite Neil lyric / quote for sure....
True story: War Dept. Preempt the soldering lessons with nephews because they saw a baking soda, vinegar and dish soap experiment on U Tube they wanted to replicate. War Dept supervising...They each have a plastic cup of white vinegar and pour away.... nothing, zip nada...so War Dept adds more “ vinegar “, again nothing... I rotate “ vinegar “ jug to check and lo and behold it’s my record cleaning fluid... the cleaning lady has also been using it on the floor... argh....
Given the housekeeper and War Dept lack of process control, I think we will stay away from stronger stuff...
And Steve, no way am I getting a deep fat fryer Vibrato unless I can lock it up !!!
Shelby Lynne- Just a Little Lovin ( 45 rpm APP ) stellar sonics as to be expected....

@puffball08 great ? i want one but am curious about duty cycle, etc.

I have not forgot about music visit, i have been under weather..argh

Happy New Year Daniel.

Jim

for what it’s worth, if there is interest, might be able to schedule a visit ( eventually ) at Intervention. The owner use Lyra, Basis, Vandy 7 and 7. Gig Harbor. Let me know or remind me Summer.

Yes, the Intervention pressing of Night and Day is super lovely.. i will add tge Sweet discs to want list…. you guys r a bad influence robot….bad…

War Dept and  I had listening nite, all 4 LP of Nightbird:-))))) signing out all

welcome to new posters !!!!
Eva Cassidy- Nightbird 

finished soldering ring terminals on bi-wire double set of Kimber TC-12.... very good sounding quasi affordable wire
Warren Haynes- Ashes and Dust featuring Railroad Earth

btw Railroad is a fantastic band live !!!!!
Greg you might also like the Valerie Carter LP Lowell produced and donated a song or two...

Valerie Carter - Just a Stones Throw Away

she sang backup later in her career for James Taylor
I have the JW Raincoat Impex, it does sound lovely wherever they got the source from.....

@sbank You are quite welcome ;-)

Steve - As a Lyle fanboy…very interested in what you think of that ….

I an not spinning LP but i am listening to:

Blackberry Smoke - Southern Ground Sessions, includes a Petty cover feat Amanda Shires, the LP is tasty 2

@noromance glad you are enjoying the Zoot !

steve - congrats on a great review and short but informative interview. I really like the MyMat on the SOTA and I also greatly enjoy Bill and his writing - wonderful for you both !!!!

I too have several copies of that Janis Ian, suer natural recording and great songs
Stay safe all !!! Happy Thanksgiving 

I got a nice glass of Red, Tori Amos is playing for me, Turkey in the brine bag....

have a great eve and holiday 
Brined bird in oven, micro at #13... rode the beast 20 but not enuf to earn the whole dinner

much to be thankful for, happy Thanksgiving to all !
Steve - I just ordered Ohio LP ( the repress ) off Discogs.... love her voice and phrasing 

great setlist @dayglow …wow

i haven’t cued a record in 4 days…ears are clearing a bit…have a backlog to clear..

” The Eighties Reeducation of James “…. wasn’t that a movie ?

I would add only somewhat snarkily…

Tommy Tutone

Donnie Iris

Wendy O and the Plasmatics 

and i just learned the new Aimee Mann - Queens of tge Summer Hotel available for preorder, due out 1/21. previous Mann LP,s on discogs go for insane $$$$$$. $27 and change at Bezos Rocket club.

sorry if this is old news…

James - This is a favorite of mine from a music perspective…just stellar frozen a time stuff with coconspirators I love… I have the 50 th and a pristine German PP. i find the 50 th to have a layer of grunge and murk removed. As you know i am a level matching dude and from the get go the 50 th is cut a whisker hotter, tredle clear, extended and sweet. i expect this would sound awesome on your ESL 63. Tamalpais High has wall to wall soundscapes. I believe both Joel and Steve also have the 50 th.

IMO very much worth having.

Jim

That is so cool :-) James. I don’t think my concoction is doing much. My 86 Y/O Aunt in AZ tested positive today - prayers appreciated for her. Yesterday was her birthday. War Dept and her close… argh. please take care everyone.

this public  service announcement  sponsored by great health insurance