Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

The Dan - Gaucho ( was hiding in the “
vintage room “, amazing what Spring cleaning will unearth....

sounding very nice....
Manassas s/t on the Beogram TX out in the garage....runs circles around the casette deck....
Joel - I will rekindle the Flag conversation when the MoFi arrives, glad to hear speakers are running in nicely 
Eva Cassidy - Nightbird...

hopefully she is near the gate, IF they let me in....

Bruce Forman - Reunions LP on order after streaming. @bkeske knowing your love, our shared love for Ray Brown, i think you would like this… Ray’s bass, Kessel’s guitar, Manne’s drums… Bruce plays w John Clayton and Jeff Hamilton  Minimal analog chain. Can also stream on Qobuz…

@noromance Brian - You may like his take on recording methods in the Jazz Guitar Life interview. Fun….

Jim

Boomtown perfectly captured a time , didn’t it ? I only have it on CD and ripped to server :-) listen to it a few days ago on the garage system....
Steve - there are tons of Rabbit here on the lagoon and the Coyotes to go along....
Yes, plenty of inspiration and knowledge in this thread :-) always inspiring 
bereft of ideas and tired, so crashing...see y’all Friday...cable r good....
Steve - you might also enjoy David Byrnes book on music - I enjoyed it greatly:-)

Happy Birthday Tom - Many more in great health ;-)

Prayers for speedy healing for your sister Steve, happy new year brother !

War Dept. and I are down w colds, Soup and warm vacuum tubes….was the prescription…. maybe i heard…wrong…

Happy New year to all on this best of Agon thread.

Jim

James I think you asked about DG ? My record guru other than you guys says the general rule is get albums “ with the big tulips”.... he has 40 k albums and owns Stereo Unlimited here in SD

i try to listen to him
@slaw - I got Till the Sun Turns Black
headed my way.      Man what a great work
Charles Lloyd - Forest Flower - Live at Montery ( Steve Post reminded me this was in the 2 be cleaned pile backlog....

Thanks so much Tim ;-) we are both feeling much better. I got tunes rolling on the box , life is good. Happy New Year to you all

Jim

a 2022 model year robot in fading 2021 minutes…

all this bike riding...i go to sleep and listen less...when does the energy kick in ? my problem might be a lack of Black Sabbath....argh.....
taking your advice, the Blue Mitchell is on Tidal w three versions; regular, MQA and Rudy Van Gelder...after some careful level matching...IMO the RVG version is vastly superior...

thanks guys !!!!!!!
@j_damon NPR had an interesting bit today on 50 th anniversary of American Beauty.... i found it cool anyway...
Funny Dead story - I was at Ohio State and LiL brother at UWVA in Morgantown.. invited me down for Dead show... probably late 1983 ?? None of the chicks in the orbit there wore shoes... for days... rain, sun, mud, etc....

I made it out barely....
Yes for sure MMS reigned supreme. For some reason our rooftop antenna could not pull in WIOT which was Toledo and had a much more punk, new wave college radio bent..

my cousin’s lived in Rocky River so we visited there... nice big houses

@16f4 Welcome !

James - Spin Records about a mile from home down the railroad trail ! 

Brian - I swear i didn’t poach your Poll Winners LP out from under ya ! 

Bit slow here today, …. best to all

James , I mentioned the 24 y/o not out of awe but mostly just to poke Brian :-) I would rather listen to the Dead than talk about the Dead !!!
Fish n Chips Friday - been streaming some of the Bromberg @noromance has been playing the last week or so..   I like em
Ya man @slaw hope has returned for me...

nephews are here for a few days, so streamer for me. tomorrow going to show them how to solder some spades on Kimber cable

brian - ya man Crimson rocks !!!!