For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Eric - sorry, I should have stated I am back in Seattle and playing LP, Server RIPs, Cassettes ( long live the Nak you sold me ) , etc.... Traveller is a RIP from the CD and sounds great :-) I caught him live in Asheville right after it came out and man can he play... you are right not available on LP ( sadly )
Eric - I have the Jason but send Secret Sisters to Steve - I Will rummage up Traveller and a suprise 

Well, Morph the Cat is much better, but of the two I skew towards Walter...

Agnes Obel - Aventine 
Donald Fagen - Sunken Condos ( horrible pressing on clear vinyl- the super fine line just makes it worse... )

I love all things Dan, especially the seedy snide lyrics of a suggestive and cynical nature.... call me Deacon Blues...
“ flowers in my beard “ no wonder, I have been going about this all wrong....
Well Brian with 9 tubes and x cables in front of the line stage it’s more of an ancillary review.....

let’s just say for now, promising......
Hana ML under evaluation.....

using my rescue from dead Roger Modjeski ( genius RIP ) RM-4 head amp
into Croft..... lovely

Tony Rice sounds awesome and yes the bass player is awesome- thanks Eric
Charles Lloyd and the Marvels / Lucinda Williams - Vanished Gardens

Steve - really superb - the Hana works great on the Sumiko arm. Loving it. Tommorow I will drag isotek power conditioning out of vintage room and get table power supply on that and dedicated line. Fun....

a bit in arrears:

Dylan and The Band - Planet Waves ( MoFi )

The Cars S/T …slower than i remember…

Amy Helm - Flood

Shawn Colvin - Uncovered

and a recommendation from Brian @noromance that is just superb, very talented tight band and an excellent recording / pressing..

Limehouse Jazzband - Rhythm is our Business

The Marcus King Band - S/T

reminds me of Tedeschi/Trucks, Allmans, some Government Mule...

fun
Yes and let us not forget Some Girls cover ... ha

Puritan was the correct turn of phrase 
James - I heard some of that yesterday as was out w buddy auditioning speakers and amp for him.... his tastes are how I came to know Massive and A Perfect Circle, etc...
Massive Attack - Mezzanine ( server )

subwoofers earning their keep...

James inspired this with A Perfect Circle !!
Gillian Welch - Time ( off the server )

ran myself dry on vinyl up North, first world problem.... I know....

” what will sustain us thru the winter, where did last years’ lessons go ? “

Gillian just knows stuff....

Love David Gray, in particular White Ladder as it summed up / captured a life phase i was in….thanks Tom, i will check that out. The recuts MAY be driven by a move back to manual recutting with less compression and bass demphahasis (eq) caused by computerized lathe. Dynamic range and volume at low end drive spacing… The wider spacing is better up to a point.

I surfed right up next to buying a manual Skulley lathe tgen discovered the Ferrari oil change bill… ha.

Jim

Dad had the stacker attachment for the 1019 Idler drive Dual TT but we were expressly forbidden ( verboten in Dual speak ) to even eye such a device…..

I am a slacker stacker Robot

Well when any random thought leads me to think about the elder Marsallis or towards John Prine, my sacrifice of some shows seems small and erases any resentment.....

#####@@@@@@ holy cow, forgot how insanely good Tower of Power are…

i must be dangerous…fricking captcha every post… argh

I am a crosswalk robot on a dirt ox cart 

after 73 days, i washed up on a tropical beach, burned, bleached, bleeding, down to skin and bones…. i asked the natives IF they had any 50’s vinyl…….

Tower of Power - Sheffield Labs ( IF ya wanna hear what a fast cut can do )

I am a fast cut robot in a Life of Pi rowboat…

Tim - Man, do i wanna follow you around with the Widowmaker EP at a high end  Audio show….giving the old white dudes ( i am one ) a widowmaker cardiac event…when it’s playing…. hilarious…

Yes… Tedesch Trucks disc is 3 sides w 4th a complete stylus eater…if the operator is in the cups…

Zevon - Excitable Boy….

” Dad get me outa this ! “

The cassette box on my ripped copy of Flag includes the gear I made it on : Thorens/Sumiko/AQ404, CJ PV2, Tandberg 440.... so this must have been made at store in my “ spare time “....

a time capsule..... man I was a kid