and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

“ God is a wild old dog
Someone left out on the highway
I seen him running by me
He don't belong to no one now “ Patty Griffin

perfectly suits my current view of man and divinity, but never dogs.
There is a headshell adapter to play cassette tapes...
Uber....

yes David is good and can be trusted
Do any of the vinyl oracle own the 3LP Live in Londen by Cohen?
i have two great DAC’s but I got a wandering ear.....

?
Uber - if you are polite maybe Rick can use his new old stock torture test record in the new setup....
Try the minimal microphone approach of Fritz R, DG is super detailed but muddles the launch and arrival times unless you are talking old skool Big Tulip DG

just my opinion

your humble rabbit hole docent

jim

the rabbit went that a way >>>>>>
Deep Purple ????? What. ????? War Dept must have messed around in the shipping department....

have fun, enjoy
Steve - I really like great destroyer and came to it by way of Robert Plant. My recording studio buddy loves Double Negative- frankly In it’s higher Fi moments I love it... but the low Fi is drek... sigh....

probably get gifted to some soul...
Uber - The Eagles were prescient: “ every form of refuge has it’s price “
Her take on Dust ( one of her fathers famous poetic references ) has been helping for me when in mourning....
I believe God is in the details and things do move with the seasons and the tide....

I revisited level on the Brinkmann a few months or so and surprise - slightly off... while there are adjustable feet, IMO and Helmuts’ advice is keep feet screwed in tight, so lucky for me a carbon fiber shim did trick....
I have yet to hear any Charles Lloyd I don’t enjoy immensely- including ( well especially ) with Lucinda Williams.....
Looking at collection in discogs and realizing I have some cleanup work to do....

also realizing more culling is in order
Finally put the quasi completed walnut slab amp stand in Casa Pacifica system pictures.,,, next up better cable routing and a spring experiment or three
Current isolation is all From HRS

extended listen is I gave up a wee bit of  Low bass extension for better midrange clarity.
Speaking of Thelma - there is nice back cover interview with Bill Schnee in this month absolute sound - including a plug for his book due out in 2021

I am streaming Bruckner 7 w Haitink conducting Chicago - lovely tone color and attention to small details...
Neil Young - After the Goldrush my copy is a reissue Winchester pressing... ugh.. the 2009 remaster digital just kills it... 

@slaw suspect given better quality from his archive releases that they fixed what the could while staying analog...
Well I zipped thru Rust Never Sleeps a seminal and watershed album in my development....
Nite all.... signing out wishing I could play bass like Barry Oakley at his peak.... dude was fine... mighty fine
Greg - try that with an LP-12, cheap old Ohio frame house could puke the drivers of Signet headphones out with a tiptoe..... ask me how I know....

long live SOTA