Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

The Who - Quadrophenia 

early 70’s gatefold with the big booklet, plays better than it looks even after enzyme and lighter fluid
Beaver and Krause - in a Wild Sanctuary WB-1850

spacey.... the cover is an Escher etching: Three Worlds
@slaw I will have a look at the deadwax but everything out of that bulk buy have been domestic pressings I believe...

Tom - ha, yes i could be accused of that…P-8 Navy sub hunter built in a factory i had a bit part in…..funny

Brian K - We have two imac, one dates to 2013 ish….the other maybe 2 years..love em both….

I am an Apple ecosystem Robot

Like Reubent, I have been away fixated on a mileage target with the bike this week - I hit goal and exceeded it by 10% but left zero in the tank for evening listening....
yes I scored a 50th anniversary Al Green ( Green is Blues )a Herbie Hancock DtD (Get on Down w Obi Strip )and Tony Joe White - That on the Road Look - Live ( last copy )

Hawkwind - Quark $41
hawkwind at bbc 1972 $36
new riders field trip $36
new riders thanksgiving nyc $59
marshall Tucker New Years Mola 1978 $35 
bad company live at red rocks $31
wishbone ash live dates volume 2 $35
geddy Lee - my fave headache $37

add tax and ship

Joel - I can send you my spare Nagagoka MP-110, a shockingly good budget cartridge…..easy, just say tge word and it will go out today. Lyra offer free tuneup, i am guessing your suspension wire needs retension and or paper replaced…

I am a spare parts junkie Robot

@sbank what a great haul ! what is LP lower left ?

Jim

i am a warp flattening robot

Right on Brian !!!! The SOTA is also an incremental growth platform vs. the MoFi ( which is a good deck for sure )

ok ten vinyl let’s help Brian find an arm. His table came with the super arm board which is > $200 so take that into consideration...
Tony Joe White - That on the Road Look

Live

what a great groove.... possibly a condo eviction record.... SPL !!!!
Herbie Hancock - Get on Down

dynamic - excellent drums and horn, super tight band...
IF anyone knows of a Kuzma 9” in that range, please let me know.

also Donna at SOTA is an Origin Live dealer - good synergy:-)))
that is my favorite Steve...it shimmers magic....thought about naming the boat after that song.....
Greg - i Hear that is a fine cart, buddy has it - I have not heard it but it replaced a SS Carmen which is no slouch, he has a Manley also....
I have heard the Kuzma, fantastic ridged arm... Was on my shortlist but who is selling one for $ 1 k ?
Steve - the SOTA is marooned in Seattle, have not seen her since Mid July. I have the MyMat on the newer SOTA platter mat which is glued to the platter - based on my listening it greatly improves attack transients for instruments like floor toms,
I just have the beater Nakagoka 110 on it - was waiting next visit to put Grado on it.. probably 3 weeks out.

Arrived; Blue Rodeo - Live at Massey Hall, and In Our Nature

Brother at work…he is part of the Cult SOTA secrete society..

I am a Blue Rodeo Robot in a clown outfit, the bull likes me

@bslon that Mac wasn’t upward compatible….not sure the latest version is either…

I had a 2+ with an 80 column card…if anyone can remember such a thing…Sometimes i wonder if the whole of audiogon runs on a 40…. ha.

I am a backward compatible Robot in a throwaway cult

Jim

Terrapin Station running thru head all day..so it shall be.!

I am starting to like the idea of the TT wives gathering, Trish aka Patty ( she hates that ) Davis….

i am a name dropping Robot

deadwax poets, sleuths and miners for sonic gold…why i love this thread and the contributors…

i am … well you know….quasi robotic..

Blue Rodeo - Live at Massey Hall

I am for fishing season a Maple Leaf Robot

@uber there is no justice when we lose a guy like Al and the world retains..... well u know..... sad
Finally getting to a disc Elliott recommended:

Kate Wolf and the Wildwood Flower - Lines on Paper

intimate, pure simple immediate sonics - lovely :-)

Care package from Eliott included Leylines....fantastic album if you like the sparse Americana.....I can see why Steve just ordered them all...

also included Purple Rain which I expected to go over well with War Dept. No joy, she said “ where is the bass “....but thank you kind sir !!!!!
Finally, latest tranche of care pAckages have gone out

so good to see James posting also
Y’all playing some good tunes :-)

in arrears:
Shaft Sound Track

Pollution - S/T ( check out Tata, the girl can sing- she is in Twenty Feet from Stardom also )

yes James….people ask me what Prep school was like ? i always say “ like the movie Dead Poets Society but with girls and booze…

i may have been sheltered

Enjoy the Rogue :-)

jim