Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Stuck in Traffic

box set….

Arrivals - The Classic records 200 g Look of Love, 45 on one side, 33 on the flip….looks pristine thanks to whoever on this thread pointed out this pressing, maybe @bdp24 ?

and The Three 33, still waiting on tge 45 rpm from… Ukraine….

I am a Discogs warrior Robot

I quite enjoy Rhiannons cannon of work and her activism. Carolina Chocolate Drops to solo to New Basement tapes....bring it.....

Joel - congrats on degritter, i want one because....well, you know....and my perception is it’s condo friendly......
Seriously I use the Brooks Berdan no alcohol RC fluid and if needed ( rarely ) the Nitty Gritty enzymatic fluid....

smoke em if ya got em
Yes, ++++ Elliot and happy birthday:-)
pM me an address for a belated birthday gift care package
IF I got another TT because I was “ bored “, my inaugural cut would have been:

Iggy Pop - I’m Bored, Chairman of the Bored

just saying
Some play must be allowed !

hold my beer

boxer12, it came to me - I have your gift disc :-) pm an address please
U r welcome Brian - I saw the condition of the cover and my heart sank - fortunate they playgrade much better !!!
Sent out two more boxes today

my post office guy invented new stuff as in no packing slip, invoice or other correspondence can be included in media rate, I called his bluff....

iF anything shows up postal collect, refuse it or I will send u $$$

i have since started writing notes on the box

appar nobody on discogs has heard this rogue clerks invention...
I wondered when the safe harbor of this  unique thread might end. Pay no attention to the ego driven lonely wretch who attacked Kevin. Like all narrow minded idiots with a small world view he can’t see beyond his narrow experience. I would bump his A into the Armco in a rented BMW and flip him off while doing it.  This idiot sent me a pm about tying shoelaces after accusing me of lying . He deleted his predecessor rant post and got busted by Duke and couldn’t man up to it. Massive ego, micro character. And Slaw, much as I love ya, we are actually not all friends here iF that definition includes mr MC. Carry on Kevin, I actually having heard both now can say ANY Spatial beats a cheap box of tweeters !
There is a nice interview w Chad K of Acoustic Sounds on Discogs today... great rise out of the rot of addiction- nice story
Yes and for those of us with a memory, even w it’s sometimes spectacular failings, the records cam pretty reliably before Dotard installed conflict of interest....

I sent a box to Atlanta, will see if they got stuck together !
Uber - no kidding, ten or 11 boxes all went out same day, AZ got delivered first, then NC, then WA, then Cleveland... then MA, wtf...
@slaw u probably already know but TP - Wildflowers super deluxe box set 7 LP available for preorder, late October delivery, smaller versions available, I am aimed at 3 Lp version
see Rolling Stone
Amaz has preorder avail now 7 disc $175, 3 disc is $40 ish
Boxer - glad those hit the mark !!! Matching culls to the wide tastes of this esteemed group is fun. Norimance got an unintended duplicate albeit w some benefit

Hello Uber ! Miss him. Congrats on the TT.

The Band - Cahoots ( 50 th )…eying my other pressing as surplus….

Man @bdp24 I am really hoping Rock of Ages gets this treatment…..

Tim and Brian, i also have a Decca on my to do list…..eventually 

i am a microvolt robot in a gigavolt circuit 

Eric - I recall you mentioned that before….how does it compare to the MoFi which i have ( yes that LP can be improved w tone controls ! )….

? i have an SACD rip also at 24x88, lacking in air, treble, like somebody duct taped the cymbals…argh….

Merry Christmas to you

Jim

Ordered the 2 x CD version, unopened for $20 delivered. They get $150+ for the box set….hopefully the CD rips will come close to what i could extract from DVDa

And Eric you must have mentioned this before as the box set is in my Discogs “ wishlist “…. ha, memory is fleeting….

I am a Pirate Robot looking wistfully back at Fourty

Thanks Greg and Steve - she had been my near constant companion in retirement- I don’t imagine ever fully healing... she was 17 and 8 months
Finally got gumption to fire up TT - Mercury Rev - Bobby Gentry’s - The Delta Suite

beyond perfect in places, dismal pressing in others..

must be my mood

the ancient Labrador has crossed the bridge and we are adrift in loss... 17 years and 8 months...
Doc Evans at the Gaslight - remastered 6/1973 Audiophile Records AP-95

very fine recording, tight performance 
Stuck in Traffic again - Loving the Box set... love, love, love it !!!

Traffic - John Barleycorn Must Die
JJ Cale OP on Shelter - Troubadour reran this thru enzyme then a normal clean cycle .... wow, will order a gallon of Nitty Gritty enzyme on Monday
It’s up next Slaw for a revisit but it’s truer to his first three than his last two prior to Monovision... good to see him back from the Beck Morning Phase phase as it were..,
Steve it’s like a vinyl dam, I will spot clean it ( I already enzymatic and regular cleaned it ) and have sent vendor a note - thanks buddy
Low spark is however the worst pressing quality due to a funky plastic sleeve to allow/facilitate the angled cuts of the over art ... ugh... 
Steve - digging it but my only other reference is digital and the 45 rpm is quite good. Pitch definition and depth are just flat out better...
Long Black coat is to use a well worn phrase   but in this case, revelatory.... I am stunned....
Freak... 45 rpm Getz / Gilberto 45 rpm on Analouge Productions...  an oMG moment.....
Boxer yes, I have it on server but I made a stop at my local
stereo / record shop and they had a fresh stack of Mofi - had to have it :-) one of my faves as well 

@sbank thanks for sharing The Weight ;-)

Genesis - Trick of the Tail

i am a book of Genesis Robot

Brian dancing with the Webb sisters…..ah lovely

Genesis - Lamb ( a fascinating / frustrating yet music needle drop hi rez copy )

I am a Robot on a hunt for ?

@slaw ordered a slug of HRS toys Thursday, so the amp stand and better isolation for the Herron are both moving forward

F-Mac : Rumors

takes me right back to big Bozaks, glowing mCIntosh tubes and a V15 on a Dual table....
I ran out of MoFi sleeves but restocked, so now making progress in next tranche of care packages !!!!