Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

So blue... “ only my mama loves me, and she could be jiving me too “” BB, rip
Well the two Dixie Dregs LP have arrived of Dregs of The Earth, both advertised as NM one the OP, one a Nautilus..... the winner ? Slightly better bass, extreme treble definition and a hint more depth ( admittedly on a very electronic studio multi track effort ) but a muddier midrange and much lower pressing quality on the Nautilus....
so a slight nod to the OP :-)
your mileage may vary
All good Steve !!! Thanks for kind offer, the OP I got is drop dead quiet :-)

headed out to catch Star Wars 
@bdp24 thanks Eric!!!!! Also check out the photo I mentioned of the rack, you will appreciate the two albums featured 
@spirit and @slaw and.... well all of you !!! Bad influences 

Amber and Andrew Gold on order, discogs and paypal are evil....

The Band - Rock of Ages - MFSL
I got Testimony, but it’s in line behind Harry Olson, Margaret Atwood, and Mary Austin in the queue.... I am a slow reader, especially if differential equations are involved

i always appreciate The far ranging conversation and musical tastes here, and the expertise.
Even tho I am retired and perhaps unemployable, I think taking the fifth re recreation substance would be wise. 
I can say, I was not a big fan of the Dead, until I was.....
Playing the MFSL - The Band - Brown - with new insights and curiosity compliments @bdp24 and @slaw 

my brother has my OP, which is in reality probably a club version circa 1976 ?

staring at the gatefold photo of the “ studio “, not many microphones, mixer setup, tiny drum kit w variable configuration, place is trashed, love engineers shoes on the board - contrast this space of genius with most audiophile sterile dedicated room... ha

Bk - the band I mixed Sound for loved Mink and covered four or so songs.... ya man
I finally got around to posting a picture of the PratherMade record cabinet in virtual systems ( Casa Pacifica)

a short review: sturdy and attractive w clean modernist lines and a matte oil finish on a decent grade of Cherry. Butt joints and nothing fancy but solid workspersonship. 8 week lead time, decent packing it arrived Ohio to California without damage
the feet attach with crappy screws, I will put T nuts in some day,,,, all in all good :-)

the War Department loves it
Feat - Sailing Shoes ( OP )

War Dept did not appreciate Zeppelin cranked up.... note to self 
Robert Plant / Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

( Rounder )

Polly Come Home .... ya man

Led Zeppelin- The Song Remains the Same ( box set, this could take awhile... but impressive clarity - my last listen to this was on Basis/Rega/Grado
Leo Kottke - 6 and 12 String Guitar - Classic Records 200 gram reissue...

yowsa :-) this and Grusin and Thelma H are what I used to setup and optimize my HQD system in the mid eighties, what a blast from past

Andrew Gold - Whats’s Wrong with this Picture ?

( promotional copy, minty... love the cover photo and the liner notes... )

thanks @bdp24 and @slaw
J.D. Souther - Black Rose ( 180 g reissue )

have tickets to catch him at my fave 300 seat venue in February:-)

16F4 congrats on a power life move !!!! As you may know, the House Jazz band at Sotto is fantastic and there is a Vinyl shop across the street as lingering temptation...

best wishes on your move and adventures 
@Boxer12 love that album

i used to co-chair a weekly meeting with the facilities team... property, plant, equipment, security, cafeterias, etc

i named the meeting “ more songs about buildings and food “

they thought I was nuts...

probably still
RIP Neal - brain cancer is a horrible way to go and he was a warrior, for deep insight into the man beyond his incredible contributions to Rush, check out the Ghostrider documentary 

in my sorrow I am playing RUSH off the server and then Tidal... want to stay away from a delicate cartridge and just F’... thrash
Uber yes of course you need a garage system....

Nakamichi deck ( complimants @bdp24 ), NAD 3020, Sony ES CD, 2 3 channel Rane power amps so I can muck around w tri amp, Dynaco A-25 or IF the neighborhood needs a jolt Klipsch Cornwall circa 1972

i suppose I should move the Denon TT out there......
@slaw Steve will let you know re pressing quality Silver Bell, have an unopened copy headed my way from North LA

i also adore her
Rush - Moving Pictures ( severely taxing the LiL NAIM mulekicker amp, and the wine.... )

I sure hope they have a decent cymbal inventory upstairs in heaven tonight 
@slaw I got HooDoo on the streamer... volume low as Ancient Labrador and War Dept napping.... its got cranking potential....
Love, love the cover art....

” it’s beefsteak when I’m working
whiskey when I am dry
sweet heaven when I die..”
GTO wow, how fun must have sounded fantastic! Our Dad was much less enthusiastic and would rifle thru our stack of 70’s rock and declare that it would “ take him a week to exorcise the bad electrons from his Hi-Fi “
The Patti Page showed up today, gotta get it run thru the Nitty and play tonight.... recommended by @noromance - that’s the way this thread rolls !!!!!
@spirit thanks for the tip, I will be your neck of the woods early May - would be good to buy ya a pint in the Pearl 
@slaw I have been pondering the F-Mac box set but want to go crawl thru RSD leftovers at Spin Records here in Carlsbad first. I have my trade in cull box ready to go....
Uber congrats on Diamond - I had 7 years of work strewn across 37 states and 14 countries, so I have more frequent flyer miles than braincells... I can relate

safe travels 
Agnes Obel - Citizen of Glass

fantastic Sonics, massive soundscapes, phd in echo,?reverb, delay etc....
I have a copy of 2019 RSD Ramones live LP’s yet to find an appreciative home....
@reubent remember his debut where the PR people said he was the next Bob Dylan....
@spirit - Amber showed up today - very curious to hear A to D then D back to A with MIT and Mytek toys in the mix :-)