For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Cinematic = Federale:-) yes!!!! And agree The National are darker for sure!!!!
FWIW I managed one of the largest Infinity dealers and anything with a polycell is not my cup of tea. I think TMR in Colorado has a minty set of Beta right now.....
Jacintha- Fire & Rain - 45 rpm, stellar Sonics, backing musicians.... but when ya don’t have the range ( and I don’t either) it comes off as flat..,,
@spiritofradio the Basis is gone over the mountains, I still have the SOTA and my trusty Denon in WA and the Brinkmann here in the land of perpetual sun!
uber - Brother in law bought the NOVA III so give him a bit and I will audition it....
I have discovered that the kitchenaid mixer and vinyl don’t mix, st streaming some Blue Rodeo... “ rain on the windshield headed South”
Happy thanksgiving all
this thread and the people on it are perhaps the reason I stay on Audiogon, thankful for you!!!

have a great day

@big_greg Night Moves, Live Bullet and Frampton Comes alive were in heavy rotation when I was a teen.... crank it up !!!!!
@ctwith3 i played sketches yesterday also, it is on my Desert Island Discs list for sure!
Ya man ! I don’t have that on server so I am spinning EC - Backless - ripped from MOFI CD

a seminal album for me, many many great memories.... the treble begs a tone control for gods sake..... what murk.... but I love it so....
U r welcome James!!!
better 7/8 suggested him to me on a listening nite, so credit due her!
Whenever I play EC, JJ ain’t never far behind....

EC and JJ Cale - The Road to Escondido 

I know this road thru Rancho Santa Fe, like the back of my hand.... always looking for the boys on a dusty turn out....,
Steve - Yes made the run North solo, War Dept. Keeping wheels on family down South. ... running amok here unsupervised 
Some fine tunes being played !!!!! @noromance simpler is better !!!

back into the Traffic box set - Shootout at the Fantasy Factory

and as an update, the Discogs seller contacted the record company and they requested a photo and audio sample. Note both of the angled cutout covers ( spark and Shootout ) have goofy plasticized  paper sleeves w contamination... 
I have some hope...
U all killing me....

trapped in the lobby of the Holiday Inn, ...

Rolling Stones - Start me Up on muzak....
Sprit - no , will check into that when I leave the musical desert....

one more day......Dulles today, in the downpour
also pondering the loss, great loss of Roger Modjeski this eve....

like Warren Zevon said “ enjoy every sandwich “.... probably because ya don’t know if it might be the last....
Sol Gabetta - IL Progetto Vivaldi - Sonatori De La Gioiosa Marca 

RCA Red Seal /Sony
@big_greg “ working on mysteries without any clues “... a perfect song from my youth....
@slaw what a haul !!!!!

LiL Feat - Time Loves a Hero....

” Keeping up with the Jones is killing me
she was just one more bad habit
i was too blind to see”...,
Tamba 4: California Soul

my Wash DC Record store find!!!!

2019 RSD Black Friday... one of 1,500 and there it was Mid December.... the War Dept suspects it was a purchase motivated by the cover alone....
Been playing a LOT of Lyle Lovett today in honor of Roger Alan Modjeski of Music Reference fame - missing him fiercely as I am certainly sure @bdp24 is doing as well
enjoying sampling The Radiators and antiphon on tidal.....while surfing discogs.....ha, you guys are a bad influence 

btw the Prathermade record rack in cherry showed up today, some assy required.....with a bit of luck i will have some initial thoughts and a photo in the virtual systems tommorow, looks lovely so far....
@slaw Hello !!! still no James ??
i have been busy w taxes. Foot is good :-)) 

Playing some Freedom Rider stuff today, RIP John Lewis

Mavis Staples: I’ll Take You There...
OK, bit of a vinyl rally..

Zoot Sims: Soprano Sax
Pablo 2310-770 OP

was supposdly mint via Audiogon.....sadly no....but still tasty...
@slaw....ya man hello.....been mostly MIA lately, been moving elderly  in-laws into new home.....boarderline hoarding, so we arrive home each nite fried....so been lurking and streaming some of the stuff you guys are playing...2 tired to F with TT...sad, i know. hump day was today, closes Monday AM....

my better self shall return ,,,,
Satchmo Plays King Oliver - Classic Records 45 RPM 

amazing performance and Sonics, on my reference disc list for sure.....