For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

@boxer12 streaming can / tago mago 40th anniversary edition on Tidal, thanks....
In a bit of a funk with passing of Paul Barrere - notable Little Feat member, song writer, guitarist and solo artist, session musician...he was just 71

so it will be a heavy Feat day...

spinning Hoy Hoy now
Merits cranking the €£%#***??? !!!!! Out of

The Fan,

one of my favorite Feat songs.... love Paul’s guitar work on this...
Waited all day.....

Feat - Waiting for Columbus- MFSL 2-013 an early mint copy I scored by grace....

who can forget the first time they heard Fat man in the bathtub with the blues ????

the music world forever changed for me

Thanks Paul - RIP
@mrnaturl2 wow, great software for the ancient but super hardware! Welcome 
Talking Heads - Fear of Music - Remastered reissue w RTI pressing, super!!!
Saw Highwoman at Spin Records today... but ran out of budget and desire simultaneously, somebody who has actually heard it, push me over the edge ?????
Spirit love your reference to the imagined future life relationship with Caroline.... kinda Neil Young like... Cortez... dig it....

i May try to elbow my way ahead of you in the line of suitors to her backstage dressing room 

ha
Holy F

just discovered Levi Parham - It’s All Good recorded at Muscle Shoals....  expletive deleted, this is just the bomb

pardon me IF u are already all over this...

ordering copies for local buddies w tables..,,
Uber - I get it and IF I really had much of a dog in the fight, I would do an extensive listen including jumpers around ALL fuses as well as the tweak and of course whatever trash the factory supplied ...
I have a Quad 303 that might be a good mule, of course Peter Walker was deaf 2....
Just back from Springsteen Concert movie: Western Stars, which my spouse and I greatly enjoyed

mailbox held new copy of Lucinda

This Sweet old World on pink vinyl, man is this good....
Aoife...sublime...I just have her stuff in digital, but my dac is very analog sounding and she is so fine...

all this talk of whiskey...brother in law gave me a bottle of Angels Envy last eve, crack the seal !!!!! 

Tull - Aqualung- S Wilson remaster

BTW Freight and Salvage in Berkley is so nice , caught Crosby there...a very long, languid lunch at Chez Panisse....yowsa

@uber I run a Nova II which for the $ is also fantastic 

@slaw no I do not have Crooked Still on vinyl, our record hunting today, with some luck will rectify that sin of omission
@pkat figure out which track on the S Wilson and I will check for same observation - I listened to that the other day but was distracted....
Welcome to new or returning posters, this is a refuge from ego of audiogon, so glad you are here and contribute great music!
@slaw sold!!!!! Thanks, adding you to the Christmas card list for sure!! Streaming the Giant Sand album you mentioned, Spouse yells from other room - what is that ?????
Uber - Brother in law just got his Nova III, after breakin I am going to listen to it against the II in place of my yearly hearing test !!!
Kina Grannis - In The Waiting ( a spectacular gift from Brother in law , wow....

cleaned on my new to me Nitty Gritty 2.5 record cleaner in like new condition.... for drumroll... $75

Neil Young - Harvest 2009 reissue/remaster.....kinda murky with no air on the top end....bummer....
Evaluation of the new to market Chord Huei SS phono preamp. Cold last nite after a party with copious amounts of Paella, Flan and wine my initial impression was - ugh... left it on all nite, unit broken in at dealer...

film at eleven, or ten
In my Audio journey yesterday I was introduced to two new references for me. This analog centric group probably already very familiar with these, but I was not and they floored me... both performance and Sonics...

Satchmo Plays King Oliver - 45 Series by ( now defunct ) Quality Records

and a limited edition Brinkmann Audio sponsored 45 RPM two disc of Blicher, Hemmer, Gadd

yowsa, right there Sonics!!!!! Ya man

on order via Discogs

@slaw steamer on the way and I believe War Department will properly account for this under wardrobe or household appliance budget!!!!!
Dire Straits- Brothers in Arms - 45 RPM MoFi ( Gain 2 ), really quite good as this is normally on digital something I grit my ear teeth on in places...

Linda Ronstadt - Silk Purse - Special markets release on 180g vinyl of this her second solo studio album....i like it because her vocal microphone choice/placement is really different for her - Nashville ?
No turntable last eve, caught Aaron Neville ( duo) last eve at Belly Up in Solana Beach, 300 people of so, so extra special poignant....

enjoy the music
@nicks25 first time I saw them was at an outdoor mud bowl called Hidden Valley Jam in Southern Ohio
my first bootleg cassette recording of them, Molly Hatchet and Allman... fun

i was just a kid
Y’all playing some awesomeness- so diverse...  I am stuck in Van Morrison... today
@slaw thanks for asking - I stepped on an odd shaped rock where I keep my boat and re injured an old (2010) foot wound where there ain’t much meat - hopefully God willin and the creek don’t rise good as high mileage but ok by Wednesday next... no turntable till in the clear
Omg a time travel band back to when Punk absolutely flailed !!!! And had something angry to say..,, frick even I could play bass in this band.... Uber might blow up the Spatials if he gets a copy... 
@noromance played a few cuts twice, like the groove and her voice - smart lyrics... ya man

streaming The Julie Ruin next....
Steve : yes I did and I streamed the Landry s/t and enjoyed that also

Its Immaterial up next I hope
Levi Parham & Them Tulsa Boys and Girls - It’s All Good

very analogy..,,,sweet fat guitar, soft cymbals, bit of tube microphone compression... sweet, couple of songs I could almost play bass on..., digging it.... where did I lay aside my Pinot ?????
Levi Parham - These American Blues

this dude and players are the real deal :-)