For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

There is a way to share discogs collections on discogs ... but technology at the level escapes me....
i do seem to have mastered the BUY function 
yes, I never buy anything below mint or near mint, I never relax that rule, and i read a lot of the feedback. in about 100 transactions , two were clearly fraudulent and i took them to task in the feedback and thru discogs help.

one idiot who runs an antique shop in Sedona sent me a trashed album. I told him it was two or three grades below how he rated it and filthy and I asked for a refund of the difference in value and that he donate that refund to a local food bank...he tried to whack me with negative feedback, he lost that war...

@slaw the Old Kit bag is an absolute gem... and like most RT has a dark side for sure

you guys are all such great music masters, this is without doubt my favorite Audiogon thread and micro community 
Ego is a learning block

going to stream some Heep on Tidal tonight, Procul I got on analog, but ya I can see my way to it....

fun
finally a MFSL GAIN 2 worthy of lavish praise and i am only 2 of 4 sides in...Alison Krauss & Union Station - So Long So Wrong 
@noromance Charles to Syd, now that is a LEAP....

spinning the 2012 remaster on Legacy of Graceland....

not trying to start a fight, Lord knows I fully invested in Digital and it’s related black arts, but the track Homeless is an analog tour de force for echo, delay, attack, sustain in the acoustic space....yum

fun, enjoy the music...
 @noromance well then thanks for the illumination of the bastard child, which frankly sounds great!!!! Fremer even references a conversation w Roy but obviously simplifies the A to D edit, back to A production thread...as a 30 ips stereo master dump to direct metal...ha. I certainly learned something.....

@noromance Fremer says otherwise and also talks about the OP being DMM direct metal master, but I agree with my faulty memory acounted for, that this reissue is way better than my OP ( long since sold ) and my digital server copy of the CD...

moved on to the fresh new and RELAXED Another Time, Another Place by Jennifer Warnes...nice song selection, lets her hair down a bit....well recorded, excellent pressing quality, so far...
is anybody in the august group Erasure fan ? I have a minty copy of Wonderland on Intervention ( IR-009 ) that while I cannot seem to connect with, would be happy to send it along to someone  who would APPRECIATE it and undertake some similar pay it forward notion to another soul....
also The War Department here says no more Vinyl until we get a furniture grade record cabinet, thinking Prathermade from Ohio, but wanted to ask this august body... ???? help a brother out....
stacked up some new arrivals:

Linda Ronstadt - Living in the USA - OP
Dylan and The Band - The Basement Tapes- MOFI
Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter - Oh, My Girl 
and for bdp24
Water Lily - J.S. Bach - The Six Flute Sonatas
did I mention that I am deeply in love w Ronstadts’ book Simple Dreams...
Linda Ronstadt - Prisoner in Disguise ( MOFI )... wow the harmonica is RIGHT there on Love is a Rose...
Neil Young - On The Beach ( the archives reissue )
Karla Bonoff - Restless Nights ...yum
Not exactly on the TT but caught the movie - Judy this eve - heart wrenching and fantastic- Judy Garland
I am stuck in the West Coast groove ...

Karla Bonoff - Wild Heart of the Young OP, nice SQ but IMO not equal to her first two efforts..

Uber I get the streaming avoid running the record cleaning machine thing....
Charles LLoyd New Quartet - Passin’ Thru.....oh man, how I dig this....

Blue Note 
Funny story in 1994 we bought a little rambler on a dead end street on old scenic hill in Kent, Washington. Walking down the street one of the first evenings I come to the end of the street and up against a tall wire fence, overgrown field inside and a peekaboo view of a Tudor style manor house and detached carriage house barn. Coming from the carriage house is the plaintive but absolutely shredded wail of the Heart Barracuda riffs... I remarked to my wife, whoever is playing is better than Heart... she said, oh that is Howard Leese, Hearts’ guitar player.... I walked a lot more after that...
@big_Greg. nice score on the table, hard as it might be I would encourage reservation of judgement till you get a familiar cartridge on it....
 @slaw  digging into Caroline Spence via Tidal and she is certainly a talent. I particularly like  Hotel Amarillo so far....

thanks for the referral...
@slaw adjective used before the noun: impressive, making you feel respect

Oxford
Thanks all for recommendations on record racks, like the reclaimed wood since the analog LP system is “ beachy” per War Department instructions... the Etsy connections are awesome 
@spiritofradio thanks so much, the reference system is esconced in and surrounded by Stickley, etc...so that would fit in there for sure.

and yes, anything below my knees is in a foreign land I rarely visit, at my advancing age..
@big_greg love me some Feats ! Try the Nautilus Records Time Loves a Hero for grins
Julie Miller - Broken Things

perfect album for watching the last vestiges of the sunset...
because this made sense...

Buddy Miller - The Majestic Silver Strings..

@spiritofradio yes, fantastic sound out of a server is very possible, I use an Aesthetix tube output stage DAC....

Houses of the Holy is up next :-) 
the August body has tastes that range far and wide....you are amazing

back up North, so anything i mention will be from the server 

Patty Griffin - 1,000 Kisses...
My server rip of Houses of the Holy is 2008 el cheapo issue w cardboard sleeve and not the later remaster which I shall seek out in Vinyl IF the Octoberfest body of Zep scholars thinks this a worthy quest...

but the server rip is great, over the Hills rocks....
@reubent two tracks In it’s Car Talk for the voice over, ha fifty - fifty shot
Trace is awesome album

Feat w LG priceless indeed

Spirit, good on ya Grad skool dude laying rebar....beyond me.ha

I have Ray Brown - Soular Energy on testing my bass re equilation skills....man hard to get away from the piano which js freaking amazing...
@uber is the disc warped also ? Assuming you don’t have a subsonic filter, AND the high LF energy on that track and only 100 wpc might in combination push it into protect...????
thanks all for record rack inputs, we decided to go w Prather 2 bin model in Cherry with galvanized rod. Holds about 300 so should hold me for another year, or so......

my next post may ask for decent divorce attorney.....NOT
backhauled some vinyl to the Condo and am rediscovering Feat - Waiting for Columbus on MoFi.....what a gem....certainly a band at TOP of game...