Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Tori Amos - Under the Pink

a towering work.......I am there on the soundstage with her.......
JJ Cale - Travel-Log

so Dig this dudes playing, the players he hangs with and the sly-wry writing....
@slaw I will check that out, I have in addition to Time, Revival and He’ll Among the Yearlings ( love that title ) here on server...

The Dan - Pretzel Logic
Jesse Sykes - Oh My Girl

tweaked my speaker location a bit, even mo better !!!! Don’t be afraid to mess about
Gillian Welch - Time

man any random revisit of this album always get me excited for perfection:-)
@slaw busted! Sadly no , I am up North in the system that still has the project SOTA Sapphire, armless at it were - rusting away in corner, so Gillian is on the Server

i don’t much care for the other threads, so I post here and beg forgiveness- I do have Harrow and The Harvest on Vinyl Down south
 @noromance thanks, always looking for versions of this....Fritz is still my favorite...also my next boat will be named Scheherazade ....its all just a big fish story after all....thousands of them...
JJ Cale - Really - OP
the cover is a ragged glory but the wax unmolested, playing fine and JJ plays so fine....fewer notes is better..ya man tasty...
Finally home to analog system long enough to unwrap some gems that arrived long ago in June...

Teskey Brothers - Half Mile Harvest, side one is legend and side 2 beats most...just fantastic. Soft tube/analog vocal microphone compression and distortion intentional and essential... The overall tone, flavor, mix, etc reminds me of Etta James work Muscle Shoals...ya man a true gem, deserving of all the praise, and a 4 month backorder..

Tedeschi Trucks - Made up Mind - MOV
same hints of vocal overdrive butseveral db less and benefits her voice IMO..caught them live this oast winter and omg memory floods back in...yowsa..
The SOTA mat that Brian has is bonded to the metal platter. It is impedence matched to the record and the SOTA reflex clamp is very light. 
I would suggest starting w only the SOTA mat adjust VTA listen to a well made recording with “ air “  so IF I had to use one disc from recent memory Show Biz Kids or 3 Cowboy Songs - Grusin w harmonics, tone color cymbals to die for...

establish a baseline

next up clamp

next up add MyMat no clamp

then clamp.

drink thruout the process !

ha
Rolling Stones - 2019 RSD issue in orange vinyl no less, sounds great - Through the Past Darkly ( big hits vol. 2 )
@slaw my pleasure to hang with you Sir. Easy for me on the Pacific time zone where it is just now a sunny seventy degree happy hour....

thanks for the system compliment, one of these days I will have to haul the Bardo North and see what it can do in the reference system, that or get off my duff and get the SOTA sapphire running...now that fishing is done, the listening arts come to the fore of energy, passion, effort and expenditure....

but I will say the condo system is very satisfying.....vinyl has it’s many virtues...
man do I love her tempo changes and phrasing on Willin, one of my fave songs...period.....
Linda Ronstadt - Live in Hollywood...in red Rhino vinyl no less, man would I trade the colored wax for a couple of db , say 3 in the power band....80-120..... man does she have a voice....
 @bdp24 now that’s just one bridge too far....

headed out to catch AJ Croce live at Artwalk Carlsbad, surfer chicks wandering by, sun is out...life is grand......

Hope this finds you well !!!!
Uber - slight corrosion and Florida are inclusive !!! No extra charge !!!!
Hopefully all our worries about James are unfounded

i am back in California- not really doing any critical listening- just too much background noise w beach traffic and fireworks and street miscreants late into the wee hours...

Slaw - I have been listening to Rays’ new work Monovision and the LP is also here, gotta clean it !!!!

so far I really like it but I am a big Ray fan...
In my mind and as presented to War Dept. A well worn but still functioning stylus with a smidgeon of dust should come out of the home cleaning supplies budget
..after the Ronstadt binge which finished with a visit to a rundown but quaint theatre in Encinitas screening The Sound of My Voice, I can say wow - well worth seeking this out for viewing. I learned a lot about her family, career and gained some insight into her music but not as much as hoped. Enjoyed the commentary from Jackson, Emmylou , JD Souther and Ry Cooder in particular.  Four artists I also love.

Ordered an OP of Trio, thoughts coming soon....hope it is mint as adventised!!!
Ronstadt - Simple Dreams 1/2 speed Nautilus pressing...nice SQ, have to get a MoFi to compare...

Little Feat  - Dixie Chicken - Japan OP...yowsa, never disappoints 

just spinning up Allman Brothers - Live at Fillmore East MoFi....starting with Whipping Post.....
 @reubent i at one time, and still might put Gaucho on my top twenty list as Aja burned me out at the stereo shops where I toiled in thise halcyon years....nobody wanted to hear G...except me..ha

LOVE it..
@slaw it needs it - I saw it and immediately went in your pile - I think I put it in a decent sleeve ??
I will check out Shelby today, Uber “ the future is plastics!”... when you were in Ahia were you by any chance at Plastic plant in Wapakanetta?
and my comments about Condos relate more to pressing quality than color... why do I seem to get the junk ??   And yes there is some great music on that record... very Dan like in places...
Steve- I am streaming Shelby new album and really enjoying it... but I get the hair comment, now....
@slaw - I am sure it wasn’t me ! Lighter fluid did wonders for Jazz at The Pawnshop
Eric - I get a lot of discs delivered by mail w mostly good results. Our condo is 15 units w similar box to you and only one of the parcel boxes can accommodate LP, every now and then the key goes to wrong box...they normally get to me because I feed the building now and then... that’s my theory anyway 
I think it is on the shipper to provide insurance and make the claim w USPS. They lost a Benz Rosewood I shipped to a buyer, the claim process a royal hassle - let seller resolve.
hope this finds ya well !!!!!
jim

@noromance I streamed Mischief and greatly enjoyed it - thanks ...my horizons grow due this thread which a so greatly value.

Limehouse ( blue cover in unopened shrink ) on the way from USA :-)

I am a triggerhappy robot in a triggerhippy mood

@slaw i also have Frogtown and adore it, back here in land of vinyl so i will play that in your honor this eve...

right this moment I am digesting a minty copy Japan OP of Bob Dylan - Infidels. My only analog copy of this for 20+ years was a casette tape I made on a high end Tandberg, so no liner notes...and i am stuck there again..but I can figure out Knopfler and Mick Taylor are on it, ya man.....