For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

@slaw Patty Griffin is up next on the 8th and I lucked into killer seats...I fully expect her to WOW all of us.....she is so good...

I have some dub going....
been gone a while...Fathers day in California and now hard ofrced labor ( ha ) on Das Boot

on a tear tonight w Genesis

Duke
Seconds Out....
@slaw, no worries...was thinking War Dept started sending out all my records...ha
James - mystical jazz as a new friend says - I am streaming the Charles Lloyd now and it is awesome:-) 
Absolutely worth trying out, who am I to question David Fletcher or Helmut Brinkmann? But there might be certain TT arm cart mat combination that ignore Newton
@slaw good to hear ya still spinning the marathon sessions

back for a few days from fishing, yes it was good and boat ran 300 miles flawlessly ( as it should )

Amazon finally shipped the Half Mile Harvest disc ( after a near 4 month backorder )...lovely.....

man, i had a mega cassette ( all needle drop stuff from early to mid eighties ) type day....Midnight Oil, Dylan, Van Halen, Springsteen, Marshall Crenshaw, Indigo Girls...Working in garage....

Fun
@slaw sadly no, not yet.... I have the amp on a teak bench.... half-a&&

i got busy doing boat stuff, foot injury and now some consulting work, but today I started in on it again...
Brian - I need an address for your discs also, Kevin I believe I have yours
@slaw in the basement, no less. I agree. And on the related subject of boys forced to grow up - sort of the definition of selfless caretaking you are engaged in...nothing but respect from me anyway...

on City to City..I suspect the mix is as intended ALL 100% FM radio smooth and compatible....even tho I love it. Check out the Intevention Records release of Steelers Wheel....sweet IMO
Jesse Sykes and The Sweet Hereafter- Oh, My Girl

freaking love the groove.....

Cherish the memories;-)

…well, the Sapphire has started the journey to my buddy in AZ. I wish that turntable could talk. I suspect given it riches to tattered rags to refurbishment back where it was born, it is a story much like Accordion Crimes by E. Anne Proulx……

I am a robot with a soft spot

As his lawyer and pharmaceutical advisor, I suggest he stay away from the Nakamichi for 48 hours- perhaps more
Boxer so very very sorry for your deep loss. My condolences and I shall pray for grace and peace for your Mom. Godspeed to the brother !!!

jim
Uber whats the yield per CD on that lot size ??? Ballpark... asking for a friend 
Tim - Jim Harrison poetry is great stuff to read in the UP, he was a sometimes resident….

safe travels !
 @bdp24 re sides 1 and 3.  I guess they were in a Rush to get rid of changers

finally back to civilization and rid of the essential but god awful boat stereo....finished the Chinook season listening to The Last Waltz, so digging that up to grace the Lyra...so to speak..

nice to read the last few pages and see everybody well and intently focused on music...

Coho are next

Jim
 @reubent yes price creep since the Kidz discovered vinyl, but nothing like Volvo diesel parts..ha

spinning MOFI Natalie M Tigerlilly...a masterwork IMO
Eric is a true music master, always enjoy and learn. Less js more for me anyway, especially with guitarists....can’t stand flash for flash sake...Joe B is perhaps the worst...
Tom Petty - Wildflowers and All the Rest

Qobuzz because my vinyl is in California...

sounding great at 96, DAC is happy
 @bdp24 What would you say is the seminal book on the band - from the music and musicians perspective you grace us with ??????
jim
Going on a Linda Ronstadt bender....

Great interview w her in the New Yorker

man do I love her take on Roll Um Easy on Prisoner in Disguise 
Some Girls ( I have an OP with the Celeb insert - banned ) and it rocks !!!! Love that album
@noromance i have an isotek power cord on the Croft and have a better set of tubes to swap in. I may PM you on this fuse modification! Thanks
jim
Yes I am familiar and while tending to side with the Dirt Farmer, think I prefer a more nuanced and balanced view... will look into both books
i did see the documentary, good stuff
BTW for others Amy Helm is the real deal
@slaw just finished marathon session with many spins of both Heart Like a Wheel and Hasten Down the Wind.... picking one would be a tough call as I adore both. I don’t have power meters, but I am pretty sure I used the full 1.2 kw on a few peaks....

big fun with an old vine Zinn from Lodi, I think she might even appreciate that....