Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

The Black Crowes - Southern Harmony

.... man, perfect for that third glass of rot gut... yes, we have liquid cooled amplifiers for a REASON !!!!!
I tend to listen to Leonard late at night... perhaps I have mention this but I also enjoy his books of poetry....
Crosby - If I could only remember my name ( Server )

Crosby - Croz ( server )
Boxer might I also suggest an enzyme cleaner , nitty gritty makes one I have used w success.
I love the cars - my first gig at stereo shop we had S/T and Candy O as demo discs... we carried the big Bud Fried monitors, Shahinian Obelisk and Thiels..., used to strap the Audionics CC2 and rock the place !!!! Fun
@slaw my Audio career went from 1978 to 1984, then I went back to skool.... what is release date for that RR ?
we sold Some D2D, had a bunch of Natilus and MFSL and the big warhorse stuff on RCA that HP made so famous and then owner and salespeople preferences kicked in w pretty eclectic tastes... customers and FM radio rounded out 
I asked my imaginary listener SIRI, she came back with advice on how to steam clean a couch... close enough...

steam cleaning gets the nod
I do :-))) iF it helps, I get better audio advice from the Ancient Labrador...
@noromance and I also have the LiL Charlie and the Nighcats headed this way....

yes the Postman and my wife all blame......YOU and the other posters on this thread...
Jackson - Solo Acoustic- Looking East is my theme song.....

last set, nite all

” and when the morning light comes streaming in we will get up and do it again”...

until then, peace 
@slaw I am sure Erics perspective valuable on the deal. I found David Byrnes book How Music Works to be fascinating insight on where the $$$$ is, or not

he use actual numbers from work he has done..performing, writing, producing..fascinating 

my lovely, who tolerates me and I also help sponsor a recording artist / production studio, so some insight there....streaming has vastly altered things....but there is hope...
@slaw I have the above mentioned Buddy coming my way...thanks for the heads up.....LOVE Julie.....

spinning now... ARS - Rock n Roll Alternative....

Georgia Rhythm has me wanting another hundred watts.....
man, I skip a few days and yall been busy..

Pete - White City a Novel arrived, man it all comes back to me.....great writing, tight songs, well recorded..just so nice for $2...@#$& I love Discogs on a good day

was it @big-greg that got us started down that path - thanks !
Bonnie Raitt - Glow

another near mint $2 wonder..ya man

i prefer her gritter work, but this is great sneaking up on a Pacific Sunset covering a Jackson B song.....
 @bdp24 got me heavy back into Chris Hillman, so Slippin’ Away arrived today, $2.50 mint and freaking awesome 
piling on with Tedeschi Trucks in anticipation of this eve show....

” Made up Mind “.... indeed
@jamesclarke....ya man Maui state of mind. We love Mana Kai in Kihei....i am sure I am butchering the spelling...turned a 450# Blue loose there...yes indeed a state of mind...
geeking out on Tedeschi Trucks...concert was stellar , played with drive and intensity for > 3 hours. Yowsa !!!!! Certainly rivals the small venue Charleston show I caught them at years ago....but with a much greater depth of material......

Row O middle, sound was excellent, Civic Theatre is a nice venue....

load up the Panzerwagon microbus and lets chase em.....
there is a record store on Maui........
been there, done that, got the hat!!!!!
@boxer12 no the VTA tower and arm ( Sumiko FT-3 ) attach to arm board on SOTA which then attaches to the floating sub platter.

on the Brinkmann Bardo the arm ( Triplaner) in that case Is on the fixed sub platter , there are Brinkmann tables w arms on Pods.
Did first mod to FT-3 VTA tower, some easy M6 nuts and lock washers to stiffen things up - no quick VTA with this arm.... still tweaking the setup.... it’s got a ways to go...
Trying out the @slaw My Mat.. certainly tames a bit of glare and improves tonality on this recording....( Jenny’s - Fifteen )
Wild Flowers is   So much easier to hear individual voices as they harmonize.... ya man !!!!
Running back thru Tony Joe White - Bad Mouthin ( 45 rpm )... nice warm analog sound... getting there....
I was hoping against hope the 850 might end up as surplus, and “ mere pennies “ to boot....

ah well...
V8 Ford is the most SRV esque of the Little Charlie and the Nightcats, good but IMO not SRV

very servicable
 @noromance LiL Charlie has arrived, grader/seller a bit overly optimistic but I get the jist - very nice. Sponsored by Miller Brewing for a reason - fun
Tedeschi Trucks - Revelator - yes it is indeed......

still high off the concert....
Back in Seattle, server will have to do....

Rickie Lee Jones - Pop Pop

nice......
 @6t5.     ya man Sex Pistols...quoted that album title at work just once and only the communications guy got it, about fell off his chair...

++++ The Police and Back in Black
Eva - Nightbird......

thirty six  on the ARC......wishing Eric was here to hear the drums on Son of a Preacher Man......ya man, sweet...she is RIGHT here........

creeping up to fourty and starting over......
@slaw.   Working on the boat
$$$ pit
catching a bunch of fish priceless
listening to garage system Nakamichi deck or Sony ES CD into NAD 3020a out to Dynaco A-25

JJ Cale - Stay Around

fantastic Album !!!!
@jamesclarke sadly no fishing just shoveling $$$$$ but I have eight trips to BC planned....results soon

@slaw we caught Tedeschi Trucks here in SD, simple freaking awesome....to quote Reubent WOW !!!!!!!