Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

The late great BB King - One Kind Favor

what blessing to have caught him in concert !!!

RIP

@jamesclarke in a word no......alas, this is year ten for the Volvo Turbo diesels, which includes some extra checks and of course $$$ I fish off WCVI, so will get my act together to start fishing up there Mid-June....

i have a Bluefin charter down South coming up, just saying that gets pulse up !!!!

thanks for asking, audio becoming my seasonal sidelight..ha
What a wide range of tastes

love this thread...

Uber I have that Rossinton Collins Band , spinning it now
good tip

The Band was all pre digital but importantly for both Big Pink and The Basement Tapes ( Dylan w The Band backing ) imo the sound quality and feel come from 3 things
recording relatively stress free at “
home “, almost direct to RtR with minimal tracks so simple submixers used and no fix it in the mix mentality, finally relatively simple but musical Revox A and B series machines required them to play live together....

I got The Basement Tapes ( MoFi ) on right now....
@jamesclarke Wood is Good ! I grew up running Lyman’s on the Great Lakes
Checking back into the hotel California, land of the LP
a stack from Discogs awaits the obligatory date with Nitty Gritty.....

java first

but teaser, one is D2D
Lowell is my lost brother
i can highly recommend the book Rock n Roll Doctor

all this White City and ARS talk, have both headed my way near mint for $6.50 including shipping

Funny my brother in law is a big time Savoy Brown fan, invited us to vineyard blues fest in Ramona ( think mountains, dust, dirt, rodeo stage )
holy crap they kicked it
about 3 years ago
fan since
so, for me and it sounds like many, jamesclarke, slaw, et al associate an album with a time, friends, experience..and they say memory is just chemical emotion.....

I have cleaned but NOT yet listened to the RSD 4-Way Street....I guess I am saving it for just the right evening and some Rye @darmento thank you !!!! Like James, there is a story..

i was forever changed by attending an elite E coast prep school for a bit on an athletic scholarship ( my parents were not wealthy). Think Dead Poets society with girls...

anyway, in the hour or so between end of study hours and lights out, we would roam the halls in search of new music or music to trade. EVERYONE had a cassette deck, piracy was rampant....some kids had a 100+ bootleg dead shows....There were of course LP’s you would find in most every room. 4-Way was one of those along with Decade, Europe 72, Waiting for Columbus, One More from the Road, Eat a Peach, you get the drift.....
I guess I heard so much 4 Way, I tuned it out...Maybe 2 much “wood” and not enough Cortez the Killer....anyway, took me many years to acquire a taste for a physical copy of 4-Way and then on CD...so I was super pumped to score that on RSD 2019...

coming soon.....ya man
but...I was spoiled....before I left for school, they let me spend my summer job earnings on a stereo..
Denon Table w Denon arm a $100 Grado, Onkyo A-5 integrated that stayed in class A to 5 wpc ( perfect for a dorm room, can ya dig ) and Infinity Qb with the magic EMIT tweeter.....milkcrate stands, zip cord...

and because it is music related....on way back from bathroom at something like 1 am, walked past faculty apartment door, which was open a crack....could hear Neil Young singing “ Hey Hey, My My”..
knocked on door, Dude answers....has his Phd from Oxford....I ask is that the new Neil ? He says yes. Invites me in. Pours me a neat Rye. We listen in silence. ( Kenwood w EPi ) and I depart about 2 am with just a nod and a word of thanks....
Donald Byrd - Royal Flush

with Pepper Adams, Herbie Hancock, Butch Warren, and Billy Higgins 

lovely Music Matters / Blue Note reissued 45 rpm

some of the best horn sound ever !!!!!

dynamics

inspired playing

Rudy Van Gelder 

magic
and I would add Son Volt, even tho I love them as I recall n80 may as well...
Never throw anybody with a fishing license overboard until landing fish at dock !!!!
i have some Wilco also
on that bit of thread... I like a lot of Blue Rodeo 2
Tremelo is a fantastic disc

@slaw Thank you

i asked “ why me ? “ after a fairly spectacular promotion....

the answer came back

Good storytellers Get people to follow and your extremely stubborn nature might get them there...

funny
@slaw mentioned the new JJ Cale releases.....yowsa...4 songs into the Post Humus- Stay Around.....great stuff, essential IMO

my great hope and belief that he will eventually get the nod from history for his great and many contributions 

and the list of players reads like a who’s who......and 

@bdp24 maybe they can play Stay Around ( the track ) before my funeral, while I am still kicking......
Eleanor McEvoy - Forgotten Dreams

Chasing the Dragon direct disc
sounds in many many places just like microphone feeds. A full review available via link to label website.

lovely with the quirks and pressure to get it right in a whole side...
@nicks25 ya man
i have long since lost the OP
but the Intervention Records reissued disc is stunning

got it on now - thanks for the inspiration 

Joe Jackson - Night and Day

IR -003

Amazon keeps sliding out delivery on Half Mile Harvest LP.....I ordered it in March...ecd is now June 25...

I think they are @#$&* ! they sold it to me for $13

they can’t outlast me......
another story to suit my ends....

First time I heard All the Road Running was on Vandersteen 7’s in Candy Apple Red and Richard Vandersteen s house... FLOORED..

we were passing thru town, called factory to request a tour, got listen instead....lady luck
Miles Davis - Someday My Prince Will Come

APJ 8456

w John Coltrane, Hank Mobley, Wynton Kelly, Paul Chambers, and Jimmy Cobb

lights down low.....
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once ( The Lost Album )

i love this, set free after all these years....
My u Want it darker is ok pressing quality but super sonics ( as is the NAIM Rip off CD and into my tube DAC - the low end on this unreal....

I cannot divorce myself from my feelings about his passing and this his last complete work... he knew, he knew... like Prine and turned in for me anyway a masterwork.

Caught Dregs live, first time I heard a Chapman stick.... freakin awesome