and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

Just finish spin 2 on Tedeschi Trucks - Signs

it IMO rewards a bit of volume... my fave song is Still Your Mind

getting pumped to see them live...
Point Of Departure

Andrew Hill/Kenny Dorham/Eric Dolphy/Joe Henderson/Richard Davis/Anthony Williams

Blue Note reissue 84167
Buddy named his dog Tupelo after that great work of art! I think fondly of both., sometimes all three.. ha

Spinning Little Feat - The Last Record Album OP

@slaw i owned Heart Shaped World at that time and enjoyed it on my DCM Time Windows... but I went off fan deep end after the 5a demo
i think in reviewing server here in CA, I have like 8 of his..

what is your #1 of his on Vinyl?
@slaw seeing that..pretty steep in € with shipping, so put on wantlist...I as a recent convert back to Lp find that mint, NM- is my tolerance level...
Steve - The Tennessee Kid is my fave..... it’s got that deep summer night pirate radio AM groove.... fueled by some Jim Beam....
@big_greg. above mentioned book claims Lowell caught RLJ live at Topanga coffee house and helped get her signed at Warner Brothers...

Love her version of Show Biz Kids on 45 RPM.....
Rabbithole for me....

read Rock and Roll Doctor by Mark Brend and have been using Tidal to listen to as much Lowell George producted and contribution work as needed to immerse myself....

great book, learned some stuff...

nite all
@uberwaltz. i find a solid scrub with an enzyme cleaner then a flush clean to be highly effective at rescuing older stuff....
( no affiliation but I use Nitty Gritty )
The Gil Evans Orchestra - Out of the Cool ( # 136/500 ) on clear “audiophile vinyl....first 30 seconds pressing quality abysmal....
 @slaw better records has a PG hot stamper ( if inclined to believe in that sort of thing.. ) for a mere $299.....
Herbie Hancock - River the joni letters

at the fine points and moments, and there are many this is a stunning work of greatness amd the SQ is in your room good...

ah....
@16f4 maybe the secretary prefers the Blues !!!! that is fuuny, good score dude.

@slaw I am streaming Blake Mills thru Tidal....wow, I need to get out more.....innovator but also has the chops...nice...
Renaissance- Scheherazade and Other Stories ( MoFi - Gold stamp promo )

I believe @noromance referred to them as “ hippies with a piano “.... fun :-)
On to Tull - Heavy Horses the S.Wilson remaster, pressing quality and sonics excellent!
all four sides of the new Patty Griffin LP...

I just love her so am biased..but Luminous Places certainly strikes a chord with me...

Absolutely pristine Talking Heads - 77 OP headed for table tonight....

anticipation...
@bdp24 Traveller care package sent today, culling was somewhat zealous..... ha !
 @reubent Special place in my heart for Heavy Horses....
i got Stormwatch to Complete the “ trilogy “ but find it a horse of a different color, pardon the pun....
Re Pet Sounds - I have the Analogue Productions Reissue in Mono
i am NOT planning on getting a Spyder and another arm so I can get a proper mono cartridge.... my lunacy has it’s fencelines dont ya know.....
 @slaw “ the needle and the damage done “

good Vinyl blog title....

playing Pet Sounds

coastal light just right
surfers out
good size waves
friday nite, kids taking pictures of girls and cars....

what has changed ????

Working second play of new Patty gfiffin
have concert tickets to see her 2
jazzed !!!!!
while I am fortunate to be retired, helping the outlaws in the battle w cancer frequently has me driving them here or there..often in SoCal rush hour...My wife is the real saint tho

when puttering around here I tend to stream Radio Paradise / Tidal in the AM and save LP’s for post dinner.....
 @bdp24 What would be the more electric Telecaster oriented Desert Rose to start with ?????

@16f4 don’t give up yet, try a scrub with an enzyme cleaner designed to eat mildetc
use a brush dedicated to that
Nitty Gritty makes an effective enzyme IMO

good on you for helping a friend
@jamesclarke Spin is 8 blocks from our Winter place
next time you are here stop by for a listen and a beverage, watch the surf
also check out Lous in Encinitas, Folk Art in SD and Stereo Unlimited bear Sports Arena - they have something like 30 k used records...

So in between streaming and buying some Desert Rose Band discs... I am having big fun listening to:

Russell Stephan - Chopin - Fantasie Impromptu and The Polinaise - Direkt to Disk ( #1) Sonic Arts Corp. 1976

essentilly 3 sides same program w different microphone/ damping / piano position in studio w 4th side being cut from SOTA 15 ips RtR of the day.

probably a good hearing test....

may have to add the venerable tube AKG C24 to the aresenal....

fun
@jamesclarke..., flip a coin... Carlsbad or Seattle... fishing season starts soon, so your up North odds will improve !

i love this thread and posters also

Reubents trade pile !
Eric and his musician roots in SoCal ( just scored 3 Desert Rose discs off Discogs under $20 delivered)
of course Slaw and Whart
and many more....
fun

Tomic 601 is a famous commercial salmon fishing plug.... hence my moniker here...
Walter Trout is the real deal !!!
he and Bob Margolin....

i have Tidal working as I read

written in my soul - Bill Flanagan
interviews w 29 of Rock’s great songwriters....
@big_greg I understand, I was gifted an 80’s Denon DP-35 F on retirement ( from evil Audiophile buddy ) with damping and a base, it punches  far above weight and is emotionally satisfying in my vintage system...even with a beater Grado RP

fun and connected to the music as Slaw says IS the key !!!

Miles Davis - In Person at the Blackhawk, San Francisco 

reissue on Impex #329 of 2000

i am sure #329 is THE white hot stamper.... ha
 @slawI would categorize $2.37 as an Epic score !!!!

akin to finding the Rosetta Stone
BTW
i am in love with the cover photo, the mood and of course, the girl...

who is she ?
the documentary is IMO essential to a better understanding of Rush
even my wife loves it with added benefit of understanding when I crank up live Working man to insane levels in the garage!