For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

Showing 50 responses by tomic601

aw214 i was super blessed to catch the good Colonel at a very small venue in Charleston- The Pour House...man that dude was freaking amazing...my recollection ( somewhat fuzzy w Cuban food and perhaps a Mohito or five ) was that he played a total of 3 hours and I got home at 2 am....
that dude was  a force of nature RIP
spinning vinyl early as the outlaws coming for dinner, not music people...

Linda Ronstadt- Live

in my rig a bit lite on bass, I would have dialed that up + 3 db, but never the less enjoyable....may change VTA on next run thru....

on deck something from 3 LP Clapton box set...a compilation, which I rarely do.....
My theory:
1.) late at night = better background signal to noise ( easy to prove )
2.) better power quality
3.) cable dielectric has formed by running signal for hours.. get DBS if ya want to skip this step
4.) small bits in the boxes also formed ( Brinkmann bias everything for a reason = warmed up
5.) tired = open mind, less distracted by events of the day...
Dejohnette, Grenadier, Medeski & Scofield - Hudson

crackles with immediate energy , drive and a serious groove from the first note...,
 @gpgr4blu the 33 or 45 rpm ?
love and hate this thread..just ordered the 45 rpm off discogs....omg i love discogs....
The Hot Club of San Francisco - The Yerba Buena Bounce

45 RPM Reference Recording ( Prof. Johnson )..... lovely
Valerie Carter - Stones Throw Away with Linda Ronstadt, most of Little Feat....love this work, wish she had seen more success...
Grateful Dead - Workingman’s Dead 45 rpm MOFi # 2350......pretty good pressing quality but not amazing......
Charles LLoyd & The Marvels + Lucinda Williams - Vanished Gardens.....when this is right, which is often over the four sides..it is amazing performance and SQ

The Allman Brothers - Fillmore - MFSL
Little Feat - Dixie Chicken - Japan

must stay away from Discogs....ordered single sided 2 LP of T. Petty - Hypnotic Eye

and

??????
Cowboy Junkies - At the End of Paths Taken ( Server )

wish this available on LP
 @slaw  Yes I see it now on the discontinued listing at Brinkmann website
i love my Bardo

just got Tedeschi Trucks - Signs...

2 early 2 tell but first impression is mixed...

@slaw the Pi will be on my audition list when I wear out the Delos. I have heard it on the Brinkmann arm / Bardo, souned great...

just ordered Fogerty - thanks for the referral !!!!!
well...happier to report it sounds much better, but not perfect after an aggressive enzyme cleaning w brush on Nitty Gritty.....

harumpf......ah
Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue.....lovely sonics when it fights thru the marginal pressing quality....so much brand new vinyl @#$&%..... bummer

$1 buck bin diver find.. near mint after aggressive enzyme cleaning

Loggins & Messina - Sittin In

when it’s good it is sublime analog multitrack....
In the dark days of the 787 development I used to quote somebody famous ; “ You can sleep when you’re dead “...

now, I need my sleep

Cars - Panorama
Maggie Rogers - Heard it in a Past Life

second time thru.....headed for the cull pile i am afraid.... unless....
@noromance ouch... there are some scorching guitar parts on Sunken Condos... although the pressing quality sucks, so it may go in the cull pile...

Big Greg - i have some Pink Martini for you ! catch them live if you get a chance....personally i like China but of course, Storm has her charms.....
Scored three used today at Silver Platters - SODO....

LiL Feat - Feats Don’t Fail Me Now
Paul Barrere - Real Lies
... and On My Own Two Feat

$ 15 the lot, all NM-

celebrating with a Wild Turkey and .....
also, must say i appreciate the tenor of the discussion, debate, declaration of priorities, etc....a stark contrast to much of the rest of Agon.....thank you gents.
Clapton - Live in San Diego w special guest JJ Cale

two axemen always in my top ten....
Emmylou & Rodney - The Travelling Kind
Leonard Cohen - You Want it Darker
Etta James - At Last !

and to close out the tab..

Tony Joe White - Bad Mouthin’ 45 rpm white vinyl....aint that a sight...

RIP TJW

Been wallowing in Jason Isbell - lamentations on the loss of the ancient Labrador.....

Jason seems to know....
@slaw i have Central Reservation on server up North - headed that way tommorow, can you bug me to give it a listen then ????
Elton John - Don’t Shoot Me

MCA3005

man, that is some tipped up treble... I think I last heard this on vinyl in about...1974 ish....

VG+ or better